Len Wiseman, the director behind the Underworld movies and this year’s Live Free or Die Hard, has dropped out of New Line’s remake of Escape from New York. There is some uncertainty as to why he has left the project, but he will no longer be taking on the dystopian world originally created by John Carpenter. Gerard Butler remains attached to take on the Snake Plissken role first played by Kurt Russell. The studio is waiting on the latest draft of the script before moving forward with another director.
Wiseman Escapes From New Line
Latest Videos in Movies
- Super Bowl ads of 2015: Watch the early arrivals here
- Super Bowl battle of the banned ads: Pick your all-time fave in our bracket showdown
- 'American Idol' recap: San Francisco auditions
- Chris Pratt and Aubrey Plaza talk 'Parks and Rec': Andy and April spin-off 'behind the bedroom door'?
- 'Party Down South' season 3 peek: Meet Hannah, the new hell-raiser
- 'Vampire Diaries' date night? Watch Damon ask Elena out in sneak peek
- 'Empire' is on fire, but should we be sweating burn-out?
- Angels and Airwaves premieres half-animated video for 'Tunnels'
- Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' speech from 'The Bachelor'
- Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita look super-intense in new 'Walking Dead' photos -- exclusive
- 'Game of Thrones' creators react to seeing their show in IMAX for first time -- exclusive
- 'Grey's Anatomy' boss teases new doctors and new relationships
- 'Walking Dead' actor joins 'Criminal Minds' spinoff