Len Wiseman, the director behind the Underworld movies and this year’s Live Free or Die Hard, has dropped out of New Line’s remake of Escape from New York. There is some uncertainty as to why he has left the project, but he will no longer be taking on the dystopian world originally created by John Carpenter. Gerard Butler remains attached to take on the Snake Plissken role first played by Kurt Russell. The studio is waiting on the latest draft of the script before moving forward with another director.
Wiseman Escapes From New Line
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Poor Little Lamb'
- 'Twilight Saga' returning with five short films on Facebook
- Tricia Helfer in Syfy's space thriller 'Ascension': First trailer
- 'Agents of SHIELD'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; 'New Girl'; 'Utopia': Tuesday TV recaps
- 'Selfie' series premiere: Let's compare notes
- 'Manhattan Love Story': Disappointment at first sight
- Rory Gilmore Reading Project creator to dive into all 338 books named on series; 7 he's liked so far
- 'SNL': YOUR 10 all-time favorite sketches are...