Len Wiseman, the director behind the Underworld movies and this year’s Live Free or Die Hard, has dropped out of New Line’s remake of Escape from New York. There is some uncertainty as to why he has left the project, but he will no longer be taking on the dystopian world originally created by John Carpenter. Gerard Butler remains attached to take on the Snake Plissken role first played by Kurt Russell. The studio is waiting on the latest draft of the script before moving forward with another director.
Wiseman Escapes From New Line
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Big Brother'; 'So You Think You Can Dance'; 'Top Chef Duels': TV recaps
- 'Suits' boss talks what's next for Louis and Co. after 'This Is Rome'
- 'Simpsons' writers share 15 tips to survive your 12-day marathon session
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter reveals how many club members will die
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?
- EWwy Awards 2014 winners are...
- #DontKillSeanBean: 'Legends' star on his mastery of on-screen demise
- 'Simpsons' writers explain how to survive FXX's 552-episode marathon
- Kurt Sutter reveals how many 'Sons of Anarchy' club members will die
- 'Suits' postmortem: Creator Aaron Korsh talks Louis' showdown
- David Letterman airs Robin Williams tribute
- Angelina Jolie on 'Unbroken': This story is 'a giant responsibility'