Len Wiseman, the director behind the Underworld movies and this year’s Live Free or Die Hard, has dropped out of New Line’s remake of Escape from New York. There is some uncertainty as to why he has left the project, but he will no longer be taking on the dystopian world originally created by John Carpenter. Gerard Butler remains attached to take on the Snake Plissken role first played by Kurt Russell. The studio is waiting on the latest draft of the script before moving forward with another director.
Wiseman Escapes From New Line
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
- Zach Snyder shares latest Batman image on Twitter
- 'Teen Wolf' cartwheels into Comic-Con
- 'Fifty Shades' trailer: Let's take a closer look
- Comic-Con '14: EW's celebrity GIF guide, day 1
- Key & Peele: See new sketch screened at Comic-Con
- 'Community' back 'probably sometime after Christmas'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here