Len Wiseman, the director behind the Underworld movies and this year’s Live Free or Die Hard, has dropped out of New Line’s remake of Escape from New York. There is some uncertainty as to why he has left the project, but he will no longer be taking on the dystopian world originally created by John Carpenter. Gerard Butler remains attached to take on the Snake Plissken role first played by Kurt Russell. The studio is waiting on the latest draft of the script before moving forward with another director.
Wiseman Escapes From New Line
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Good Wife' season premiere recap: 'The Line'
- 'Boardwalk Empire'; 'Masters of Sex'; 'Real Housewives of N.J.'; 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who': TV recaps
- 10 essential graphic novels that have faced bans and challenges
- 'Madam Secretary' series premiere: A diplomatic debut for Tea Leoni
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin
- 'Maze Runner' is No. 1 movie: $32.5M
- 'Game of Thrones': Charles Dance offers a season 5 tease
- Lucy Lawless on the 'ragtag bunch' she brings to 'Agents of SHIELD'; watch a sneak peek