The Writers Guild of America released a statement on Thursday night stating that they will participate in this year’s Film Independent Spirit Awards. “Film Independent came to us before the strike, and the WGAW Board decided to grant an interim agreement allowing for writing services for the Spirit Awards,” the statement read. (Organizers of the Golden Globes, which have not been granted the service of writers this year, must be kicking themselves for not similarly thinking ahead). The statement also sniped at the AMPTP, saying “the best way to get the awards season back on track is for the AMPTP to return to the bargaining table to negotiate a fair deal with the Writer’s Guild to get this town back to work.”
WGA will write for Indie Spirit Awards
Latest Videos in Movies
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Scandal' scores its highest-rated season finale
- 'Transcendence': EW movie review
- 'Heaven Is for Real': EW movie review
- 'Orphan Black': Creators' secrets from the set
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…