The Writers Guild of America released a statement on Thursday night stating that they will participate in this year’s Film Independent Spirit Awards. “Film Independent came to us before the strike, and the WGAW Board decided to grant an interim agreement allowing for writing services for the Spirit Awards,” the statement read. (Organizers of the Golden Globes, which have not been granted the service of writers this year, must be kicking themselves for not similarly thinking ahead). The statement also sniped at the AMPTP, saying “the best way to get the awards season back on track is for the AMPTP to return to the bargaining table to negotiate a fair deal with the Writer’s Guild to get this town back to work.”
WGA will write for Indie Spirit Awards
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' recap: 'Edward Mordrake, Part 2'
- 'Survivor' recap: The price of rice is right?
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst and an exclusive deleted scene
- 'Arrow'; 'Nashville'; 'Top Chef'; 'The 100'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'South Park' react: Attack of the drones
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- Stand-up comics endure hell gigs and live to tell the tales on EW's 'Polished'
- Cookie Monster spoofs 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'