The Writers Guild of America released a statement on Thursday night stating that they will participate in this year’s Film Independent Spirit Awards. “Film Independent came to us before the strike, and the WGAW Board decided to grant an interim agreement allowing for writing services for the Spirit Awards,” the statement read. (Organizers of the Golden Globes, which have not been granted the service of writers this year, must be kicking themselves for not similarly thinking ahead). The statement also sniped at the AMPTP, saying “the best way to get the awards season back on track is for the AMPTP to return to the bargaining table to negotiate a fair deal with the Writer’s Guild to get this town back to work.”
WGA will write for Indie Spirit Awards
Latest Videos in Movies
- Seth Meyers to host Emmys 2014
- 'Parks and Rec': About THAT finale surprise
- 'American Idol' recap: Top 5 are...
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Man on Fire'
- 'Reign' recap: 'Toy Soldiers'
- 'Begin Again': Keira Knightley song for Adam Levine
- 'Salem': Marilyn Manson haunts new opening credits
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Fifth purported Mel Gibson rant leaked online
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie rights acquired by Universal and Focus Features
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' mention spikes sales of 16th-century classical composer