Warner Bros. confirmed Wednesday that it won’t be able to get the George Miller-directed Justice League of America off the ground in time for a spring start. As reported here last week, the studio had until Jan. 15 to decide whether the multi-superhero tentpole would begin production in hopes a summer 2009 release. But script issues and production tax complications have forced the studio to push things back until the writers’ strike (and expected actors’ strike) are over. The studio is still committed to the young cast Miller has selected (including Adam Brody as Flash and the unknown Megan Gale as Wonder Woman) and hopes to make the movie with them at a later date.
'Justice League' grounded
Latest Videos in Movies
- 20 most compelling actor/director teams now
- Sarah Paulson on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'something happens in the very first episode that's crazy'
- 3 'Big Brother' Q's for Julie Chen (and one on her Secrets Week reveal)
- Frankie's 'Big Brother' regret? 'Trusting Caleb. Period.'
- 'This Is Where I Leave You' review: Reunited and it feels so...schmaltzy
- 'Survivor' scouting report: John Rocker's plan if he's recognized?
- C-3PO's 'Star Wars' past, present, and future: A deep-dive Q&A with Anthony Daniels
- Jennifer Lawrence-Bradley Cooper film 'Serena' gets U.S. distributor
- No Blood On His Hands 588
- Famed James Bond villain Richard Kiel dies at 74 557
- Discovery to strand Democrat and Republican senators on deserted island 484
- The glimmering crocodile tears of Princess Victoria, First of Her Name 475
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks 429
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Frankie of 'Big Brother' says he does not regret pushing the Rewind button and wants to marry Zach
- '7th Heaven' cast, minus Ruthie, reunites
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Toil and Till'