Fresh off its Best Animated Feature Oscar nomination for Ratatouille, Walt Disney Studios has announced that it is developing 3-D versions of the Disney-Pixar features Toy Story and Toy Story 2. The first Toy Story (Pixar’s debut feature project, originally released in 1995) will release in 3-D on Oct. 2, 2009, and Toy Story 2 (originally released in 1999) will bow in 3-D on Feb. 12, 2010. The studio’s third Toy Story movie is scheduled to open on June 18, 2010, also in 3-D. John Lasseter, the director of the first two installments, is overseeing the creative side of the 3-D conversions.
Jan 24 2008 08:21 PM ET
Disney re-releasing first two 'Toy Story' movies in 3-D
- Ray Manzarek of the Doors dies at age 74
- Seth MacFarlane won't host '14 Oscars
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- Khaled Hosseini's new novel: EW review
- 'Rectify' season finale: Sneak preview
- 'Star Wars': New animation in fall '14
- 'SNL': New clue Jason Sudeikis to exit?
- 'Kinky Boots': Hear cast album!
Find Movies and Showtimes
Choose Your Movie