Fresh off its Best Animated Feature Oscar nomination for Ratatouille, Walt Disney Studios has announced that it is developing 3-D versions of the Disney-Pixar features Toy Story and Toy Story 2. The first Toy Story (Pixar’s debut feature project, originally released in 1995) will release in 3-D on Oct. 2, 2009, and Toy Story 2 (originally released in 1999) will bow in 3-D on Feb. 12, 2010. The studio’s third Toy Story movie is scheduled to open on June 18, 2010, also in 3-D. John Lasseter, the director of the first two installments, is overseeing the creative side of the 3-D conversions.
Disney re-releasing first two 'Toy Story' movies in 3-D
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- 'Constantine' series premiere; 'Amazing Race'; more TV recaps
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- 'Happy Valley' trailer: Documentary on Penn State scandal asks difficult Q's
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'