Fresh off its Best Animated Feature Oscar nomination for Ratatouille, Walt Disney Studios has announced that it is developing 3-D versions of the Disney-Pixar features Toy Story and Toy Story 2. The first Toy Story (Pixar’s debut feature project, originally released in 1995) will release in 3-D on Oct. 2, 2009, and Toy Story 2 (originally released in 1999) will bow in 3-D on Feb. 12, 2010. The studio’s third Toy Story movie is scheduled to open on June 18, 2010, also in 3-D. John Lasseter, the director of the first two installments, is overseeing the creative side of the 3-D conversions.
Disney re-releasing first two 'Toy Story' movies in 3-D
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- 'Project Runway' recap: Unconventional movie night
- DC Comics characters we'd invite to the 'Arrow'/'Flash' party
- 'The Quest' premiere: Bored game
- Comic-Con: Why Team 'Twilight' made it better
- Chris Hardwick shares his Comic-Con '14 photo diary
- 'Doctor Who': 12 episodes you'd pick to get a newbie hooked
- Ben Stiller's 'Running Wild with Bear Grylls': A sneak peek