Fresh off its Best Animated Feature Oscar nomination for Ratatouille, Walt Disney Studios has announced that it is developing 3-D versions of the Disney-Pixar features Toy Story and Toy Story 2. The first Toy Story (Pixar’s debut feature project, originally released in 1995) will release in 3-D on Oct. 2, 2009, and Toy Story 2 (originally released in 1999) will bow in 3-D on Feb. 12, 2010. The studio’s third Toy Story movie is scheduled to open on June 18, 2010, also in 3-D. John Lasseter, the director of the first two installments, is overseeing the creative side of the 3-D conversions.
Disney re-releasing first two 'Toy Story' movies in 3-D
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- 'Amazing Race' behind-the-scenes pics from Phil Keoghan's season 25 collection
- 'Parenthood,' 'Parks and Rec,' Agent Carter,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 'Daredevil' First Look: New photos from Netflix series
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- 'The Amazing Race' season finale recap: 'All of Nothing'
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer