Fresh off its Best Animated Feature Oscar nomination for Ratatouille, Walt Disney Studios has announced that it is developing 3-D versions of the Disney-Pixar features Toy Story and Toy Story 2. The first Toy Story (Pixar’s debut feature project, originally released in 1995) will release in 3-D on Oct. 2, 2009, and Toy Story 2 (originally released in 1999) will bow in 3-D on Feb. 12, 2010. The studio’s third Toy Story movie is scheduled to open on June 18, 2010, also in 3-D. John Lasseter, the director of the first two installments, is overseeing the creative side of the 3-D conversions.
Disney re-releasing first two 'Toy Story' movies in 3-D
Latest Videos in Movies
- J.K. Rowling digs into Dolores Umbridge in new Pottermore story
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 'Two and a Half Men' returns: 'Duckie's gettin' lucky'
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang' Theory; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Parenthood'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGregor in 'The Real Thing': EW stage review
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'