He may be taking a breather from touring and performing, but Justin Timberlake continues to diversify his already ridiculously long résumé. In addition to the recently announced NBC show My Problem With Women (for which Timberlake, in a collaboration with Reveille, serves as an executive producer) and upcoming movie roles in The Love Guru (due out this June) and The Open Road (currently filming), the singer is also rumored to be hosting this summer’s ESPY Awards. But his music-production skills remain in high demand: Timberlake worked in London with Madonna, co-writing and co-producing five tracks on her new album, Hard Candy (out April 29) and appearing in Madge’s new video, then traveled to New York to induct her into the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame. He was also spotted last week in the Austin recording studio of Spoon’s Jim Eno, where he and co-producer Charlie Sexton were wrapping up sessions with noted songwriter Matt Morris, one of the first artists signed to Timberlake’s own Tennman Records (check out video of the two in the studio here). “He’s kind of like Ray LaMontagne meets Elton John meets Stevie Wonder meets Rufus Wainwright,” Timberlake told us last year. “It’s time for the birth of the hybrid artist. I’m anxious to create an artist that the press has trouble labeling.” Next up: world domination.
Justin Timberlake: on break, but busier than ever
Latest Videos in Movies
- 20 best (and 10 worst) movie theme songs
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Doctor Who' recap: 'Into the Dalek'
- 'Outlander' recap: 'The Gathering'
- 'Walking Dead': 6 stars on how they'd like their characters to die
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers