Robert Downey Jr. may soon goose the genre that launched his comeback. The Iron Man star is in negotiations to voice a character in Master Mind, DreamWorks Animation’s send-up of the superhero genre being produced by Ben Stiller‘s production company, Red Hour Films. Tina Fey is also expected to join the cast of the movie, about a villain who loses his will to live after accidentally killing his archrival. Neither actor is a newcomer to animation: Downey Jr. lent his voice to an episode of Family Guy and the Richard Linklater film A Scanner Darkly, while Fey voiced a burrito in the film version of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Master Mind (the working title for now) is based on a script from Alan Schoolcraft and Brent Simons and will be directed by DreamWorks Animation veterans Cameron Hood and Kyle Jefferson. One request, guys: no references to Stiller’s failed 1999 superhero spoof Mystery Men. The world does not need more Mr. Furious.
Robert Downey Jr. in talks for DreamWorks Animation project
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- Clive Barker is back from the dead--and his 'Nightbreed' is reborn
- 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Taylor Swift as an Pegacorn; Katy Perry as a Cheeto; more celeb Halloween costumes
- 'Today'/'GMA' Halloween: Lara Spencer as Prince George; Hoda and Kathie Lee in Wayne's World
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Jane Fonda as Mr. Burns' secret lover in new clip