Robert Downey Jr. may soon goose the genre that launched his comeback. The Iron Man star is in negotiations to voice a character in Master Mind, DreamWorks Animation’s send-up of the superhero genre being produced by Ben Stiller‘s production company, Red Hour Films. Tina Fey is also expected to join the cast of the movie, about a villain who loses his will to live after accidentally killing his archrival. Neither actor is a newcomer to animation: Downey Jr. lent his voice to an episode of Family Guy and the Richard Linklater film A Scanner Darkly, while Fey voiced a burrito in the film version of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Master Mind (the working title for now) is based on a script from Alan Schoolcraft and Brent Simons and will be directed by DreamWorks Animation veterans Cameron Hood and Kyle Jefferson. One request, guys: no references to Stiller’s failed 1999 superhero spoof Mystery Men. The world does not need more Mr. Furious.
Robert Downey Jr. in talks for DreamWorks Animation project
- 'Catching Fire' tops 'Frozen' on Friday
- Miley Cyrus at Jingle Ball: Santa's twerk shop
- Grammy nominations: 9 snubs/surprises
- Grammys 2014 nominees are...
- 'HIMYM,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Grammy Nominations Concert': Your take?
- Harry Potter U.K. box set gets new art: Books news
- 'Sound of Music': Movie's Von Trapp kids say...
- Grammy Nominations 2014: See the list of nominees
- 'Sound of Music' ratings soar: NBC's biggest Thursday in 4 years
- Grammy nomination snubs and surprises: Justin Timberlake, Sara Bareilles, Lorde and more
- 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'How I Met Your Mother,' 'Revolution,' 'Supernatural': Find out what's next in the Spoiler Room
- 'Family Guy': What's next for Brian