Robert Downey Jr. may soon goose the genre that launched his comeback. The Iron Man star is in negotiations to voice a character in Master Mind, DreamWorks Animation’s send-up of the superhero genre being produced by Ben Stiller‘s production company, Red Hour Films. Tina Fey is also expected to join the cast of the movie, about a villain who loses his will to live after accidentally killing his archrival. Neither actor is a newcomer to animation: Downey Jr. lent his voice to an episode of Family Guy and the Richard Linklater film A Scanner Darkly, while Fey voiced a burrito in the film version of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Master Mind (the working title for now) is based on a script from Alan Schoolcraft and Brent Simons and will be directed by DreamWorks Animation veterans Cameron Hood and Kyle Jefferson. One request, guys: no references to Stiller’s failed 1999 superhero spoof Mystery Men. The world does not need more Mr. Furious.
Robert Downey Jr. in talks for DreamWorks Animation project
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Fifty Shades' trailer: Let's take a closer look
- 'Community' back 'probably sometime after Christmas'
- Rick Yancey's 'The Infinite Sea': Read an excerpt
- Cosplay at Comic-Con '14: Day 1
- 'Community': Im-posters for 9 signature episodes
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'The Flash': Comic-Con's verdict?
- Wonder Woman: 13 looks since '42