Robert Downey Jr. may soon goose the genre that launched his comeback. The Iron Man star is in negotiations to voice a character in Master Mind, DreamWorks Animation’s send-up of the superhero genre being produced by Ben Stiller‘s production company, Red Hour Films. Tina Fey is also expected to join the cast of the movie, about a villain who loses his will to live after accidentally killing his archrival. Neither actor is a newcomer to animation: Downey Jr. lent his voice to an episode of Family Guy and the Richard Linklater film A Scanner Darkly, while Fey voiced a burrito in the film version of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Master Mind (the working title for now) is based on a script from Alan Schoolcraft and Brent Simons and will be directed by DreamWorks Animation veterans Cameron Hood and Kyle Jefferson. One request, guys: no references to Stiller’s failed 1999 superhero spoof Mystery Men. The world does not need more Mr. Furious.
Robert Downey Jr. in talks for DreamWorks Animation project
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' does Nirvana: Watch Evan Peters sing 'Come As You Are'
- Mike Nichols, veteran director and Emmy/Grammy/Oscar/Tony winner, dies at 83
- Jon Hamm returning to 'Parks and Recreation'
- 'Cups' returns in 'Pitch Perfect 2' trailer
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' First Look: 10 photos from the movie and on the set
- 'Pitch Perfect 2': 10 things you need to know about the sequel
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' stars sparkle in new EW portraits
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay--Part 1' review: Two movies = half the fun