Chris Carter, writer, producer, and director of The X-Files: I Want to Believe, was hospitalized on Tuesday due to “physical exhaustion and an acute sleeping disorder,” a source close to Carter (pictured, right, with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson) tells EW.com. The source says the hospitalization stems from Carter “working on multiple films back to back over a two year period” — the recently released X-Files sequel and Fencewalker, a covert project he is rumored to have begun shooting earlier this year. He is expected to recover quickly.
'X-Files' creator Chris Carter hospitalized for exhaustion
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- 'American Idol' recap: Alabama shaky
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: 'Go It Alone'
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- 'Reign' recap: 'No Exit'
- 'Parenthood' react: 'The Pontiac'
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Resident Evil'
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch the gripping first three minutes before Tribeca -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: We're All In This Alone