Chris Carter, writer, producer, and director of The X-Files: I Want to Believe, was hospitalized on Tuesday due to “physical exhaustion and an acute sleeping disorder,” a source close to Carter (pictured, right, with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson) tells EW.com. The source says the hospitalization stems from Carter “working on multiple films back to back over a two year period” — the recently released X-Files sequel and Fencewalker, a covert project he is rumored to have begun shooting earlier this year. He is expected to recover quickly.
'X-Files' creator Chris Carter hospitalized for exhaustion
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Survivor' recap: John Rocker gets rocked
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder talk 'Vampire Diaries': 'Eerily deceiving and odd' grief
- 9 best animated TV series drawn from comics
- 'Nashville'; 'Top Chef Duels'; 'Red Band Society': Wednesday TV recaps
- Jennifer Love-Hewitt's 'Criminal Minds' debut: How'd she do?
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Storybrooke's on thin ice with Elsa
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl 509
- 'Go Big or Go Home' 357
- 'Find Your Muse' 289
- The 'Simpsons'/'Family Guy' crossover is one of the most fascinatingly weird things to ever happen to television 330
- Which new fall show will be canceled first? 207