Chris Carter, writer, producer, and director of The X-Files: I Want to Believe, was hospitalized on Tuesday due to “physical exhaustion and an acute sleeping disorder,” a source close to Carter (pictured, right, with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson) tells EW.com. The source says the hospitalization stems from Carter “working on multiple films back to back over a two year period” — the recently released X-Files sequel and Fencewalker, a covert project he is rumored to have begun shooting earlier this year. He is expected to recover quickly.
'X-Files' creator Chris Carter hospitalized for exhaustion
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- Taylor Swift and Jamie Oliver 'Bake It Off' in clip for Stand Up to Cancer
- 'Sleepy Hollow' casts 'Beauty and the Beast'/'Tudors' alum in mysterious role
- Halloween countdown/poll: 5 best demon movies
- 'Downton Abbey' trailer aims to get fans fired up for season 5
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Elena and Stefan are southbound?
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Strangers'
- Walking Dead': Steven Yeun talks Glenn, Maggie, Tara, and Terminus