Chris Carter, writer, producer, and director of The X-Files: I Want to Believe, was hospitalized on Tuesday due to “physical exhaustion and an acute sleeping disorder,” a source close to Carter (pictured, right, with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson) tells EW.com. The source says the hospitalization stems from Carter “working on multiple films back to back over a two year period” — the recently released X-Files sequel and Fencewalker, a covert project he is rumored to have begun shooting earlier this year. He is expected to recover quickly.
'X-Files' creator Chris Carter hospitalized for exhaustion
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' quiz: Test your smarts
- Tina Fey's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' moves from NBC to Netflix
- 'How to Get Away With Murder,' 'Elementary,' 'Walking Dead,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Pitch Perfect 2': What we saw on the set
- Stephen Merchant's advice if you find yourself watching a sex scene with your parents?
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss talks THAT killer twist
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss talks killer twist
- 'Mockingjay -- Part 1': The 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- AMC to debut 'Better Call Saul' with two-night event
- 'How to Get Away With Murder' recap: 'Kill Me, Kill Me, Kill Me'