Chris Carter, writer, producer, and director of The X-Files: I Want to Believe, was hospitalized on Tuesday due to “physical exhaustion and an acute sleeping disorder,” a source close to Carter (pictured, right, with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson) tells EW.com. The source says the hospitalization stems from Carter “working on multiple films back to back over a two year period” — the recently released X-Files sequel and Fencewalker, a covert project he is rumored to have begun shooting earlier this year. He is expected to recover quickly.
'X-Files' creator Chris Carter hospitalized for exhaustion
- 'Sing-Off' ratings get a boost from 'The Voice'
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Maggie Siff on Tara haters
- 'Happy Endings' reruns to air on VH1
- EW TV Recap Video: 'Voice,' 'Housewives,' 'Sing-Off'
- Tonys opener: How they did it (Best of 2013)
- 'The Voice' recap: Sleepy semifinal
- 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills': War of words
- 'Sing-Off' returns: First notes on 10 groups
- AFI movies of the year: 'Her' and '12 Years a Slave' in; 'August: Osage County' out
- 'The Voice' recap: Green Eggs and Adam
- 'Community': Check out the first trailer for season 5 -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 15 Blasts From the Past in '13: Winners/Losers
- 'The Voice' top 5 tease song choices for tonight's live performances