Chris Carter, writer, producer, and director of The X-Files: I Want to Believe, was hospitalized on Tuesday due to “physical exhaustion and an acute sleeping disorder,” a source close to Carter (pictured, right, with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson) tells EW.com. The source says the hospitalization stems from Carter “working on multiple films back to back over a two year period” — the recently released X-Files sequel and Fencewalker, a covert project he is rumored to have begun shooting earlier this year. He is expected to recover quickly.
'X-Files' creator Chris Carter hospitalized for exhaustion
Latest Videos in Movies
- Taylor Swift's '1989' review: Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Chiwetel Ejiofor signs on for Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'
- Archie Comics as a Fox TV series? Why 'Riverdale' might surprise us
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' teaser poster revealed
- 'Into the Woods' featurette: Go behind the scenes with Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, and Co.
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Revenge' sneak peek: Tattoo guy makes David Clarke a marked man
- 'Game of Thrones' season 5 rumors debunked
- Zach Galifianakis gets a little too real with Brad Pitt on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer is here: What we learned
- This week's cover: 'Into the Woods' enchants EW's holiday movie preview
- 'Into the Woods': Go behind the scenes with Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, and more