Chris Carter, writer, producer, and director of The X-Files: I Want to Believe, was hospitalized on Tuesday due to “physical exhaustion and an acute sleeping disorder,” a source close to Carter (pictured, right, with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson) tells EW.com. The source says the hospitalization stems from Carter “working on multiple films back to back over a two year period” — the recently released X-Files sequel and Fencewalker, a covert project he is rumored to have begun shooting earlier this year. He is expected to recover quickly.
'X-Files' creator Chris Carter hospitalized for exhaustion
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- 'Constantine' series premiere; 'Amazing Race'; more TV recaps
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'