Australian actress Mia Wasikowska has scored the female lead role in Restless, director Gus Van Sant’s follow-up to Milk, EW.com has learned. Wasikowska, who’s perhaps best known as suicidal gymnast Sophie on HBO’s In Treatment, will appear as Alice in Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland next year. In Restless, written by first-time screenwriter Jason Lew, Wasikowska will play Annabel Cotton, a terminally ill 16-year-old who falls in love with a death-obsessed teenage boy. Ron Howard and his daughter Bryce Dallas Howard are co-producing the film for Columbia Pictures.
Mia Wasikowska cast in Gus Van Sant's 'Restless'
- Grammys 2014 nominees are...
- 'Grammy Nominations Concert': Your take?
- 'HIMYM,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Sound of Music': Movie's Von Trapp kids say...
- 'Sound of Music': Laura Benanti on big night
- Music on TV: What was THAT song?
- 10 best movies of '13: Owen Gleiberman picks...
- 10 best movies of '13: Chris Nashawaty picks...
- 'Sound of Music' ratings soar: NBC's biggest Thursday in 4 years
- Grammy Nominations 2014: See the list of nominees
- 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'How I Met Your Mother,' 'Revolution,' 'Supernatural': Find out what's next in the Spoiler Room
- 'Family Guy': What's next for Brian
- Disney acquires rights for future 'Indiana Jones' films