Australian actress Mia Wasikowska has scored the female lead role in Restless, director Gus Van Sant’s follow-up to Milk, EW.com has learned. Wasikowska, who’s perhaps best known as suicidal gymnast Sophie on HBO’s In Treatment, will appear as Alice in Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland next year. In Restless, written by first-time screenwriter Jason Lew, Wasikowska will play Annabel Cotton, a terminally ill 16-year-old who falls in love with a death-obsessed teenage boy. Ron Howard and his daughter Bryce Dallas Howard are co-producing the film for Columbia Pictures.
Mia Wasikowska cast in Gus Van Sant's 'Restless'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 27 DreamWorks animated movies: We rank 'em
- 10 signs you're watching a Wes Anderson movie
- 'Vampire Diaries': A salute to Katherine
- 'Reign'-ing sound? TV tunes of the week
- Seth MacFarlane: Inside the new 'Cosmos' ship
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 5 ideas for Dr. Burke
- 8 TV stars who proved you can go home again
- 'Bachelor': Chris vs. Juan Pablo on Andi's exit
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Dr. Burke returns to 'Grey's Anatomy': What will happen?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments -- VIDEO
- 27 DreamWorks Animated Movies: We Rank 'em!
- 'Reign': Are the uncensored sex scenes all that different?