Australian actress Mia Wasikowska has scored the female lead role in Restless, director Gus Van Sant’s follow-up to Milk, EW.com has learned. Wasikowska, who’s perhaps best known as suicidal gymnast Sophie on HBO’s In Treatment, will appear as Alice in Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland next year. In Restless, written by first-time screenwriter Jason Lew, Wasikowska will play Annabel Cotton, a terminally ill 16-year-old who falls in love with a death-obsessed teenage boy. Ron Howard and his daughter Bryce Dallas Howard are co-producing the film for Columbia Pictures.
Mia Wasikowska cast in Gus Van Sant's 'Restless'
Latest Videos in Movies
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer Yes/No/Can't Say (or more) to your Twitter Q's
- 'SNL' lights up Sia's 'Chandelier,' more of the week's best music on TV
- 'Amazing Race' recap: 'I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat'
- 'Showrunners' documentary: Insights from Kurt Sutter, Hart Hanson, Mike Kelley
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- NBC to cancel 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' with zombie twist
- Ryan Murphy on the different seasons of 'American Horror Story': 'They're all connected'
- The Hot Seat: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning questions
- How 'The Big Bang Theory' scored Billy Bob Thornton for a surprise guest spot
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist' and more