Australian actress Mia Wasikowska has scored the female lead role in Restless, director Gus Van Sant’s follow-up to Milk, EW.com has learned. Wasikowska, who’s perhaps best known as suicidal gymnast Sophie on HBO’s In Treatment, will appear as Alice in Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland next year. In Restless, written by first-time screenwriter Jason Lew, Wasikowska will play Annabel Cotton, a terminally ill 16-year-old who falls in love with a death-obsessed teenage boy. Ron Howard and his daughter Bryce Dallas Howard are co-producing the film for Columbia Pictures.
Mia Wasikowska cast in Gus Van Sant's 'Restless'
Latest Videos in Movies
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- Mara Wilson has 'no interest' in 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Orphan Black': The creators discuss the shocking return of [SPOILER]