Australian actress Mia Wasikowska has scored the female lead role in Restless, director Gus Van Sant’s follow-up to Milk, EW.com has learned. Wasikowska, who’s perhaps best known as suicidal gymnast Sophie on HBO’s In Treatment, will appear as Alice in Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland next year. In Restless, written by first-time screenwriter Jason Lew, Wasikowska will play Annabel Cotton, a terminally ill 16-year-old who falls in love with a death-obsessed teenage boy. Ron Howard and his daughter Bryce Dallas Howard are co-producing the film for Columbia Pictures.
Mia Wasikowska cast in Gus Van Sant's 'Restless'
Latest Videos in Movies
- Pixar's 'Inside Out': Emotions run wild in first trailer for June release
- 'Sons of Anarchy' sneak peek: Jax and Jarry have a chat
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- Chad Coleman's 'Walking Dead' preview: Why Tyreese is 'still struggling'
- 'Project Runway All Stars' trailer: Brides, catfights, and Alyssa Milano
- 'Survivor' recap: John Rocker gets rocked
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- 9 best animated TV series drawn from comics