Ridley Scott’s next project will center on the fashion design empire of Gucci and is likely to star Leonardo DiCaprio and Angelina Jolie as Maurizio Gucci and his ex-wife Patrizia. Sources tell EW.com that the two actors are in talks with Scott to star in the movie. Scott, whose in post-production on Robin Hood starring Russell Crowe, has been talking to the two actors for quite some time but neither are officially attached to the project. Titled Gucci, the film will focus on Maurizio and his turnaround of the Gucci empire during the 1980s before he was murdered in a plot executed by ex-wife Patrizia Gucci. Charles Randolf (The Interpreter) wrote the current draft of the script. Fox and and Scott are continuing to develop the script and while the project is high priority for both the studio and Scott, with neither of the actors attached, no firm start date has yet been set. Fox hopes to put it into production in early 2010.
Ridley Scott is in talks with Leonardo DiCaprio and Angelina Jolie for his next project, 'Gucci'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 27 DreamWorks animated movies: We rank 'em
- 10 signs you're watching a Wes Anderson movie
- 'Vampire Diaries': A salute to Katherine
- 'Reign'-ing sound? TV tunes of the week
- Seth MacFarlane: Inside the new 'Cosmos' ship
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 5 ideas for Dr. Burke
- 8 TV stars who proved you can go home again
- 'Bachelor': Chris vs. Juan Pablo on Andi's exit
- 'Reign': Are the uncensored sex scenes all that different?
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Dr. Burke returns to 'Grey's Anatomy': What will happen?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments -- VIDEO
- 27 DreamWorks Animated Movies: We Rank 'em!