Ridley Scott’s next project will center on the fashion design empire of Gucci and is likely to star Leonardo DiCaprio and Angelina Jolie as Maurizio Gucci and his ex-wife Patrizia. Sources tell EW.com that the two actors are in talks with Scott to star in the movie. Scott, whose in post-production on Robin Hood starring Russell Crowe, has been talking to the two actors for quite some time but neither are officially attached to the project. Titled Gucci, the film will focus on Maurizio and his turnaround of the Gucci empire during the 1980s before he was murdered in a plot executed by ex-wife Patrizia Gucci. Charles Randolf (The Interpreter) wrote the current draft of the script. Fox and and Scott are continuing to develop the script and while the project is high priority for both the studio and Scott, with neither of the actors attached, no firm start date has yet been set. Fox hopes to put it into production in early 2010.
Ridley Scott is in talks with Leonardo DiCaprio and Angelina Jolie for his next project, 'Gucci'
- Oscars 2014: Who's up, who's down
- Grammy nominations: Who gets the call tonight?
- 10 best movies of '13: Owen Gleiberman picks...
- 10 best movies of '13: Chris Nashawaty picks...
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Doc Jensen's picks
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's picks
- 10 best albums of '13: Nick Catucci's picks
- 10 best fiction books of 2013: EW picks...