Tomorrow marks the publication of Beautiful Creatures, a young adult novel from Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl that centers on a mortal high school boy living in Gatlin, South Carolina and his love for a very strange girl with some mysterious powers. Her name is Lena Duchannes and she’s trying her best to conceal her powers. Sound intriguing? Well the publishing world has been very kind to Beautiful Creatures with glowing advance reviews. (Little, Brown, the publishers behind Twilight are behind this book.) Hollywood has also been interested in it for some time and the book’s rights have just been optioned by Warner Bros. for writer/director Richard LaGravenese (P.S. I Love You, Freedom Writers) to develop. Erwin Stoff (The Blind Side) is producing. The book doesn’t go on sale until tomorrow but Amazon and other booksellers have been offering pre-sales on it for some time. Here is the link to the book’s home page and its own trailer. (Who knew books had trailers?) So tell us readers, have you heard of this tale? Does it interest you?
Warner Bros. on the hunt for the next 'Twilight': Is it 'Beautiful Creatures'?
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Game of Thrones' team: 7 seasons is the plan
- 'Real Housewives': The price of fame
- 10 graphic novels as movie storyboard?
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelor' blog: 'After the Final Rose'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' react: 'Unbridled'
- 'Between Two Ferns': How Obama clip happened
- 'Veronica Mars': 10 essential episodes
- 'Flash': First look at full-body costume