Today we kick off the first of six weekly OscarWatch videos in which my colleague Missy Schwartz and I will discuss the most interesting Oscar races of the year and help you identify which movies you need to catch up with before Oscar night on March 7. Now that the nominations are finally out, we begin with the Best Picture and Best Actress categories, which boast two of the tightest races of the year. Is the momentum with Avatar or The Hurt Locker? Sandra or Meryl? Here’s where we stand right now; we’ll have more OscarWatch TV updates every week until the telecast.
OscarWatch TV: The two closest big races
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Greensleeves'
- Nina Dobrev's crossover to 'The Originals': 5 new photos
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'The Flash'; 'Agents of SHIELD'; 'The Voice'; 'Supernatural'; 'Marry Me'; more TV recaps
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Mockingbird: 'She's just a badass'
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- 'Gilmore Girls': Amy Sherman-Palladino on how the 'thousand yellow daisies' scene grew
- Marvel on cryptic crossover art: 'Stay Tuned!' So, let's theorize...