Yes, it’s true. Taylor Lautner is now no longer just a hulking werewolf. He will soon embody Hasbro’s popular ’80s toy in Universal’s adaptation of Stretch Armstrong. The movie, to be produced by Brian Grazer, will be released in 2012 in 3-D. The studio has yet to hire a director for the movie, but Steve Oedekerk (Bruce Almighty) has written the script. Universal made the announcement late Friday night along with the news that they will push back their other big Hasbro property Battleship, from director Peter Berg, from its original July 2011 release to Memorial Day weekend 2012 to give the filmmaker more time to finish the large-scale project.
Taylor Lautner: the new 'Stretch Armstrong'
- 'SNL' recap: 'Anchorman 2' and the boys
- 'Amazing Race' preview: Phil Keoghan's photos
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's picks
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Doc Jensen's picks
- 10 best singles of '13: EW picks...
- 10 best movies of '13: Chris Nashawaty picks...
- 10 best movies of '13: Owen Gleiberman picks...
- 10 best nonfiction books of '13: EW picks...
- Paul Rudd and One Direction take on 'Saturday Night Live': Talk about it here!
- 10 Best TV Shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's Picks
- Disney's 'Frozen' soundtrack: Ranking all nine original songs
- 10 Best TV Shows of '13: Doc Jensen's Picks
- Grammy nomination snubs and surprises: Justin Timberlake, Sara Bareilles, Lorde and more