Stretch Armstrong — starring one Taylor Lautner — is becoming more of a reality as Universal Pictures attaches both a writer and a director to the property based on the beloved Hasbro toy from the ’70s and ’80s. Rob Letterman, the director behind last year’s animated hit Monsters vs. Aliens, will pair with Nicholas Stoller (Forgetting Sarah Marshall), who just finished directing Get Him to the Greek. The two recently worked together on Twentieth Century Fox’s upcoming winter pic Gulliver’s Travels, with Stoller writing the latest draft of the film that Letterman directed. (He shares credit on Gulliver’s with Joe Stillman.) In the case of Stretch, Stoller will do a rewrite of the original screenplay from Steve Oedekerk.
'Stretch Armstrong' secures writer and director
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- 'Arrow' react: 'Seeing Red'
- 'Arrow' boss talks 'Seeing Red' shocker
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad' as narrator
- 'Nashville' recap: Live From the Ryman
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty': Purr-plexed?
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 657
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 508
- Slaves to Love 466
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
- Kenya Get Your Scepter 479
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN