Stretch Armstrong — starring one Taylor Lautner — is becoming more of a reality as Universal Pictures attaches both a writer and a director to the property based on the beloved Hasbro toy from the ’70s and ’80s. Rob Letterman, the director behind last year’s animated hit Monsters vs. Aliens, will pair with Nicholas Stoller (Forgetting Sarah Marshall), who just finished directing Get Him to the Greek. The two recently worked together on Twentieth Century Fox’s upcoming winter pic Gulliver’s Travels, with Stoller writing the latest draft of the film that Letterman directed. (He shares credit on Gulliver’s with Joe Stillman.) In the case of Stretch, Stoller will do a rewrite of the original screenplay from Steve Oedekerk.
'Stretch Armstrong' secures writer and director
Latest Videos in Movies
- 27 DreamWorks animated movies: We rank 'em
- 10 signs you're watching a Wes Anderson movie
- 'Vampire Diaries': A salute to Katherine
- 'Reign'-ing sound? TV tunes of the week
- Seth MacFarlane: Inside the new 'Cosmos' ship
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 5 ideas for Dr. Burke
- 8 TV stars who proved you can go home again
- 'Bachelor': Chris vs. Juan Pablo on Andi's exit
- 'Reign': Are the uncensored sex scenes all that different?
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Dr. Burke returns to 'Grey's Anatomy': What will happen?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments -- VIDEO
- 27 DreamWorks Animated Movies: We Rank 'em!