Director Marc Webb (500 Days of Summer) continues casting Sony’s Spider-Man revamp, slated for 2012. EW.com has confirmed that the helmer has tapped Martin Sheen (The West Wing, Apocalypse Now) to play the role of Uncle Ben, who famously (and tragically) taught the wall-crawler the maxim that would guide his heroic career: “With great power comes great responsibility.” Webb has already placed Andrew Garfield (The Social Network) in the role of Spidey and Emma Stone (Easy A) in the part of Peter’s love interest, Gwen Stacy.
'Spider-Man' reboot taps Martin Sheen to play Peter Parker's Uncle Ben
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: Let's think this through
- 'Sound of Music': 3 dress rehearsal photos
- Bill Hader on Stefon's goodbye: Best of 2013
- 'Veronica Mars' out 3/14/14 -- and we have a clip!
- Sundance 2014: What's playing this year
- Lance Reddick joins 'American Horror Story: Coven'
- 'AHS: Coven' peek: Who's at the door?
- 'Mob City': What to expect
- Lady Gaga Muppet special a ratings turkey 1426
- Gunfight at the Not Okay Corral 677
- 'The Walking Dead' midseason finale: 'Too Far Gone' spoilers 443
- ‘Fast and Furious’ actor Paul Walker dead after car crash 394
- '12 Years a Slave': The emotional reactions that make director Steve McQueen thankful -- Q&A 356
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' casts Marcia Gay Harden as Christian Grey's mother
- 'Veronica Mars' movie gets a release date; plus, watch a clip! -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'American Horror Story': Watch Cordelia and the 'Coven' plot Fiona's murder -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- Gal Gadot to star as Wonder Woman in 'Batman Vs. Superman'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: You are My Sunshine