Director Marc Webb (500 Days of Summer) continues casting Sony’s Spider-Man revamp, slated for 2012. EW.com has confirmed that the helmer has tapped Martin Sheen (The West Wing, Apocalypse Now) to play the role of Uncle Ben, who famously (and tragically) taught the wall-crawler the maxim that would guide his heroic career: “With great power comes great responsibility.” Webb has already placed Andrew Garfield (The Social Network) in the role of Spidey and Emma Stone (Easy A) in the part of Peter’s love interest, Gwen Stacy.
'Spider-Man' reboot taps Martin Sheen to play Peter Parker's Uncle Ben
Latest Videos in Movies
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale
- 'Big Brother'; 'Masters of Sex'; 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who': TV recaps
- 14 worst jobs, as seen at the movies
- 20 best (and 10 worst) movie theme songs
- 'Downton Abbey' trailer: Servants are people too? 'Preferably only on their days off'
- 'Arrow' teases Oliver and Felicity getting close
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness