Channing Tatum will join Jonah Hill in a feature film adaptation of the popular 1980s Fox TV series (and Johnny Depp’s career breakout) 21 Jump Street, Sony Pictures announced today. Hill developed the story with screenwriter Michael Bacall (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World), which looks to be a contemporary take on the show’s peek into the lives of undercover cops working in high schools and colleges. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) will direct the project, which starts shooting in the spring.
Channing Tatum will go back to school with Jonah Hill in '21 Jump Street' feature remake
Latest Videos in Movies
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- Halloween countdown/poll: 5 best zombie movies
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- 'Gotham' costume designer on what clothes tell us about each character
- 'Scandal': Michael Trucco as Abby's ex
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more TV recaps
- 'The Blacklist'; 'Originals'; 'Gotham'; 'Jane the Virgin'; more TV recaps
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- Disney announces 2016 release for animated feature 'Moana'
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of 'Walking Dead'?
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: A pecs-tacular shirtless week
- 'Gotham' costume secrets: Revealing details you may have missed
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack to be released on cassette tapes