Channing Tatum will join Jonah Hill in a feature film adaptation of the popular 1980s Fox TV series (and Johnny Depp’s career breakout) 21 Jump Street, Sony Pictures announced today. Hill developed the story with screenwriter Michael Bacall (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World), which looks to be a contemporary take on the show’s peek into the lives of undercover cops working in high schools and colleges. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) will direct the project, which starts shooting in the spring.
Channing Tatum will go back to school with Jonah Hill in '21 Jump Street' feature remake
Latest Videos in Movies
- 20 best (and 10 worst) movie theme songs
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Doctor Who' recap: 'Into the Dalek'
- 'Outlander' recap: 'The Gathering'
- 'Walking Dead': 6 stars on how they'd like their characters to die
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers