Christopher Nolan and producer Emma Thomas have swatted down an internet rumor that unused footage of the late Heath Ledger as the Joker in The Dark Knight would appear in the highly anticipated follow-up The Dark Knight Rises, according to The Hollywood Reporter. At an awards season reception for Nolan’s 2010 film Inception on Tuesday, Thomas, Nolan’s producing (and life) partner said, “I heard the rumor. We’re not doing that.” Nolan also made clear that, although the script for The Dark Knight Rises isn’t yet finished, he felt Ledger’s performance should live in 2008′s The Dark Knight alone.
Christopher Nolan says Heath Ledger will not appear in 'The Dark Knight Rises'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' quiz: Test your smarts
- 'Homeland' casts Broadway star Victoria Clark in big surprise role
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Mockingjay': Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss talks THAT killer twist
- Britney Spears, Gwyneth Paltrow accept Jimmy Kimmel's invite to read Mean Tweets
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Natalie Dormer advocates for more male nudity on 'Game of Thrones'
- Cher cancels rest of 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates due to infection
- 'Mockingjay -- Part 1': The 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Sons of Anarchy' star Jimmy Smits talks Nero's heartbreaking scenes