The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced the 15 semifinalists for the Best Visual Effects Oscar. They are: Alice in Wonderland, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Clash of the Titans, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, Hereafter, Inception, Iron Man 2, The Last Airbender, Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Shutter Island, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, Tron: Legacy, and Unstoppable. Next month the visual-effects branch will narrow this list down to seven finalists. I’d call Inception, Tron: Legacy, and Alice in Wonderland the best bets to continue to the next round.
OscarWatch: Visual effects semifinalists announced
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Colbert Report' wraps with an immortal, star-studded finale
- 25 best 'Stephen Colbert' moments
- Stephen Colbert's 6 most awkward in-character interviews
- 'White Collar': Perfect 'Au Revoir' to our favorite con artist?
- 'Suits' promo reveals Louis' next move
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- Neil Patrick Harris arrives at the freak show in 'American Horror Story' promo
- 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'AHS: Freak Show'; 'Survivor'; more TV recaps
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- Louis' next move revealed in 'Suits' promo -- exclusive
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln talks 'cruel' twist and reveals the true meaning behind the 'shut…
- 'White Collar' series finale: The perfect goodbye to our favorite con artist
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple answers midseason finale burning questions