EW has confirmed that Sarah Jessica Parker has joined, and Halle Berry and Zac Efron are in talks to join, the sprawling ensemble cast of the 2011 romantic comedy New Year’s Eve, director Garry Marshall’s follow-up (though not a sequel) to this year’s Valentine’s Day. (The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting.) Parker will play the mother of Abigail Breslin; Berry would play a caterer, and Efron a bike messenger. The movie, which will likely begin principal photography in February, also stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfieffer, Hilary Swank, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Lea Michele, and Sofia Vergara.
Sarah Jessica Parker set to celebrate 'New Year's Eve'; Halle Berry, Zac Efron in talks
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead' cast react to season 5 trailer
- 'CSI' role for Mark Valley
- 'Nerd-tastic' H.S. comedy 'The Outskirts': First Look
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelorette' blog: The finale
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Hunnam's message/massage
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 10 best videos at Comic-Con 2014
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- Warner Bros. and RatPac team up for 'The Goldfinch'
- 'The Bachelorette' season finale recap: STAHP in the name of love
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- Tyler Jacob Moore, John Rhys-Davies join 'OUAT' in 'Frozen' roles