EW has confirmed that Sarah Jessica Parker has joined, and Halle Berry and Zac Efron are in talks to join, the sprawling ensemble cast of the 2011 romantic comedy New Year’s Eve, director Garry Marshall’s follow-up (though not a sequel) to this year’s Valentine’s Day. (The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting.) Parker will play the mother of Abigail Breslin; Berry would play a caterer, and Efron a bike messenger. The movie, which will likely begin principal photography in February, also stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfieffer, Hilary Swank, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Lea Michele, and Sofia Vergara.
Sarah Jessica Parker set to celebrate 'New Year's Eve'; Halle Berry, Zac Efron in talks
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Poor Little Lamb'
- 'Twilight Saga' returning with five short films on Facebook
- Tricia Helfer in Syfy's space thriller 'Ascension': First trailer
- 'Agents of SHIELD'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; 'New Girl'; 'Utopia': Tuesday TV recaps
- 'Selfie' series premiere: Let's compare notes
- 'Manhattan Love Story': Disappointment at first sight
- Rory Gilmore Reading Project creator to dive into all 338 books named on series; 7 he's liked so far
- 'SNL': YOUR 10 all-time favorite sketches are...