EW has confirmed that Sarah Jessica Parker has joined, and Halle Berry and Zac Efron are in talks to join, the sprawling ensemble cast of the 2011 romantic comedy New Year’s Eve, director Garry Marshall’s follow-up (though not a sequel) to this year’s Valentine’s Day. (The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting.) Parker will play the mother of Abigail Breslin; Berry would play a caterer, and Efron a bike messenger. The movie, which will likely begin principal photography in February, also stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfieffer, Hilary Swank, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Lea Michele, and Sofia Vergara.
Sarah Jessica Parker set to celebrate 'New Year's Eve'; Halle Berry, Zac Efron in talks
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'The Maze Runner' review: Something W.C.K.D. this way comes
- Janet Jackson's 'Rhythm Nation 1814' at 25: The blueprint for modern R&B's golden age
- 'Once Upon a Time' boss on 'Frozen' references: 'We want it to feel organic'
- Fall TV grid: What's on when, plus all the new show trailers
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- 'Survivor': Jeff Probst shows off a challenge that may not make it to TV
- 'Dating Naked: The Wedding': Naked body painting, naked drum circle, and more we saw