EW has confirmed that Sarah Jessica Parker has joined, and Halle Berry and Zac Efron are in talks to join, the sprawling ensemble cast of the 2011 romantic comedy New Year’s Eve, director Garry Marshall’s follow-up (though not a sequel) to this year’s Valentine’s Day. (The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting.) Parker will play the mother of Abigail Breslin; Berry would play a caterer, and Efron a bike messenger. The movie, which will likely begin principal photography in February, also stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfieffer, Hilary Swank, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Lea Michele, and Sofia Vergara.
Sarah Jessica Parker set to celebrate 'New Year's Eve'; Halle Berry, Zac Efron in talks
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- 'Amazing Race' behind-the-scenes pics from Phil Keoghan's season 25 collection
- 'Parenthood,' 'Parks and Rec,' Agent Carter,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 'Daredevil' First Look: New photos from Netflix series
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- 'The Amazing Race' season finale recap: 'All of Nothing'
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer