EW has confirmed that Sarah Jessica Parker has joined, and Halle Berry and Zac Efron are in talks to join, the sprawling ensemble cast of the 2011 romantic comedy New Year’s Eve, director Garry Marshall’s follow-up (though not a sequel) to this year’s Valentine’s Day. (The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting.) Parker will play the mother of Abigail Breslin; Berry would play a caterer, and Efron a bike messenger. The movie, which will likely begin principal photography in February, also stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfieffer, Hilary Swank, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Lea Michele, and Sofia Vergara.
Sarah Jessica Parker set to celebrate 'New Year's Eve'; Halle Berry, Zac Efron in talks
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Crossed'
- American Music Awards winners are... (Updated)
- American Music Awards 2014 style: What the stars wore
- 'Walking Dead': Seth Gilliam on where Father Gabriel is going
- 'Jurassic World' teases Thanksgiving trailer: 3 nods to 'Jurassic Park'
- 'Homeland'; 'Newsroom'; 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'; 'Bob's Burgers'; 'Comeback'; more recaps
- 'SNL' recap: Cameron Diaz is a 'Back Home Baller'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Times Change: 'Jurassic World' teases with three homages to Steven Spielberg's original
- 'Saturday Night Live' recap: 'Cameron Diaz and Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars'
- Bodies of Work: 49 Unforgettable Nude Scenes
- 'Hunger Games': Take the EW Trivia Quiz (Part 1)!