EW has confirmed that Sarah Jessica Parker has joined, and Halle Berry and Zac Efron are in talks to join, the sprawling ensemble cast of the 2011 romantic comedy New Year’s Eve, director Garry Marshall’s follow-up (though not a sequel) to this year’s Valentine’s Day. (The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting.) Parker will play the mother of Abigail Breslin; Berry would play a caterer, and Efron a bike messenger. The movie, which will likely begin principal photography in February, also stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfieffer, Hilary Swank, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Lea Michele, and Sofia Vergara.
Sarah Jessica Parker set to celebrate 'New Year's Eve'; Halle Berry, Zac Efron in talks
Latest Videos in Movies
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 1
- Comic-Con 2014: All the stars at the EW Hideout
- 'Arrow' boss: 'Olicity' date is not a 'fake-out'
- 'Big Brother': 3 Q's for Julie Chen
- Comic-Con '14: Eye on day 1 panels
- 'Heroes United': Iron Man, Captain America in 'toon
- J.K. Rowling visits U.K. event as Robert Galbraith
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
- 'Hannibal' new blooper reel plus season 3 scoop
- 'Downton Abbey' looks to bounce back from season 4 (Updated)
- Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey make Comic-Con debut with 'Interstellar'
- Here's how 'Supernatural' star Misha Collins is breaking world records
- The 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer has arrived