EW has confirmed that Sarah Jessica Parker has joined, and Halle Berry and Zac Efron are in talks to join, the sprawling ensemble cast of the 2011 romantic comedy New Year’s Eve, director Garry Marshall’s follow-up (though not a sequel) to this year’s Valentine’s Day. (The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting.) Parker will play the mother of Abigail Breslin; Berry would play a caterer, and Efron a bike messenger. The movie, which will likely begin principal photography in February, also stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfieffer, Hilary Swank, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Lea Michele, and Sofia Vergara.
Sarah Jessica Parker set to celebrate 'New Year's Eve'; Halle Berry, Zac Efron in talks
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- 'American Idol' recap: Alabama shaky
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: 'Go It Alone'
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- 'Parenthood' react: 'The Pontiac'
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Resident Evil'
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch the gripping first three minutes before Tribeca -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Scandal' finale: Talk about it! -- UPDATED
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: We're All In This Alone