EW has confirmed that Sarah Jessica Parker has joined, and Halle Berry and Zac Efron are in talks to join, the sprawling ensemble cast of the 2011 romantic comedy New Year’s Eve, director Garry Marshall’s follow-up (though not a sequel) to this year’s Valentine’s Day. (The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting.) Parker will play the mother of Abigail Breslin; Berry would play a caterer, and Efron a bike messenger. The movie, which will likely begin principal photography in February, also stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfieffer, Hilary Swank, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Lea Michele, and Sofia Vergara.
Sarah Jessica Parker set to celebrate 'New Year's Eve'; Halle Berry, Zac Efron in talks
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Bachelor' finale recap: Bait and ditch
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- 'How I Met Your Mother' recap: 'Daisy'
- 'Voice': Shakira Jones and the Architect of Destiny
- 'Believe': First impressions?
- Cristin Milioti: 'HIMYM' buzz on Mother's fate 'crazy'
- 'True Detective' creator Nic Pizzolatto talks finale
- 'True Detective' season 1 finale: Our verdict