EW has confirmed that Sarah Jessica Parker has joined, and Halle Berry and Zac Efron are in talks to join, the sprawling ensemble cast of the 2011 romantic comedy New Year’s Eve, director Garry Marshall’s follow-up (though not a sequel) to this year’s Valentine’s Day. (The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting.) Parker will play the mother of Abigail Breslin; Berry would play a caterer, and Efron a bike messenger. The movie, which will likely begin principal photography in February, also stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfieffer, Hilary Swank, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Lea Michele, and Sofia Vergara.
Sarah Jessica Parker set to celebrate 'New Year's Eve'; Halle Berry, Zac Efron in talks
Latest Videos in Movies
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics: FBI issues statement
- 'Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story': 100 things that happened (maybe?)
- Chris Harrison on 'Bachelor in Paradise' episode 6: Cody-Michelle, Marcus-Lacy, and...Jesse
- 'Bachelor in Paradise'; 'Under the Dome' recaps
- 'Walking Dead': Steven Yeun and Lauren Cohan talk Glenn and Maggie
- 'Houdini' react: Spymaster of illusion?
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale
- 100 things that apparently happened, as told by 'The Unauthorized Saved…
- Internet grinds to halt as nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence, others surface
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' recap: Cave dwellers
- FBI issues statement on leaked nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence, others
- 'Houdini' is pure biopic cheese... and occasionally a campy delight