EW has confirmed that Sarah Jessica Parker has joined, and Halle Berry and Zac Efron are in talks to join, the sprawling ensemble cast of the 2011 romantic comedy New Year’s Eve, director Garry Marshall’s follow-up (though not a sequel) to this year’s Valentine’s Day. (The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting.) Parker will play the mother of Abigail Breslin; Berry would play a caterer, and Efron a bike messenger. The movie, which will likely begin principal photography in February, also stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfieffer, Hilary Swank, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Lea Michele, and Sofia Vergara.
Sarah Jessica Parker set to celebrate 'New Year's Eve'; Halle Berry, Zac Efron in talks
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- 'Constantine' series premiere; 'Amazing Race'; more TV recaps
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- 'Happy Valley' trailer: Documentary on Penn State scandal asks difficult Q's
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'