EW has confirmed that Sarah Jessica Parker has joined, and Halle Berry and Zac Efron are in talks to join, the sprawling ensemble cast of the 2011 romantic comedy New Year’s Eve, director Garry Marshall’s follow-up (though not a sequel) to this year’s Valentine’s Day. (The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting.) Parker will play the mother of Abigail Breslin; Berry would play a caterer, and Efron a bike messenger. The movie, which will likely begin principal photography in February, also stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfieffer, Hilary Swank, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Lea Michele, and Sofia Vergara.
Sarah Jessica Parker set to celebrate 'New Year's Eve'; Halle Berry, Zac Efron in talks
Latest Videos in Movies
- 47 fall movies we can't wait to see
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Vampire Diaries' teaser: Let's see how everyone's doing without Damon
- 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'New Girl,' 'Once Upon a Time,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story': Watch 5 minutes
- 'The Knick' recap: 'The Busy Flea'
- Emmys: 20 who never won
- Benedict Cumberbatch embraces (clothing optional) Ice Bucket Challenges
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- Elena has a drug problem in 'Vampire Diaries' season 6 promo
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Dating Naked' trailer: And you thought Tinder was brutal (NSFW)
- 47 Movies We Can't Wait to See