EW has confirmed that Sarah Jessica Parker has joined, and Halle Berry and Zac Efron are in talks to join, the sprawling ensemble cast of the 2011 romantic comedy New Year’s Eve, director Garry Marshall’s follow-up (though not a sequel) to this year’s Valentine’s Day. (The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting.) Parker will play the mother of Abigail Breslin; Berry would play a caterer, and Efron a bike messenger. The movie, which will likely begin principal photography in February, also stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfieffer, Hilary Swank, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Lea Michele, and Sofia Vergara.
Sarah Jessica Parker set to celebrate 'New Year's Eve'; Halle Berry, Zac Efron in talks
Latest Videos in Movies
- J.K. Rowling digs into Dolores Umbridge in new Pottermore story
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 'Two and a Half Men' returns: 'Duckie's gettin' lucky'
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang' Theory; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Parenthood'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGregor in 'The Real Thing': EW stage review
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'