EW has confirmed that Sarah Jessica Parker has joined, and Halle Berry and Zac Efron are in talks to join, the sprawling ensemble cast of the 2011 romantic comedy New Year’s Eve, director Garry Marshall’s follow-up (though not a sequel) to this year’s Valentine’s Day. (The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting.) Parker will play the mother of Abigail Breslin; Berry would play a caterer, and Efron a bike messenger. The movie, which will likely begin principal photography in February, also stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfieffer, Hilary Swank, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Lea Michele, and Sofia Vergara.
Sarah Jessica Parker set to celebrate 'New Year's Eve'; Halle Berry, Zac Efron in talks
- 'Community' season 5: First trailer is here!
- 'Her,' '12 Years a Slave' on AFI's 10 best list
- 'Sing-Off': Join us for EW/Google+ Hangout!
- 'Anarchy': Maggie Siff on 'Gemma-like' Tara
- 'Fifty Shades' pic: Anastasia kisses Christian
- 'SNL' host poll: How'd Paul Rudd do?
- 'American Hustle': Buzz from stars at N.Y. premiere
- 'Will & Grace': EW reunion!