Robert Pattinson looks like a man in the adaptation of Sara Gruen’s best-seller Water for Elephants, acting opposite Oscar winners Reese Witherspoon (the beautiful performer his character, a veterinary student in charge of caring for a traveling circus’ animals, falls for during the Depression) and Christoph Waltz (Witherspoon’s husband, the troupe’s animal trainer). Director Francis Lawrence seems to be channeling Tim Burton, and it works. The music lures you in, as does the always affecting Hal Holbrook, who plays Pattinson’s aged character recalling the story of “the most famous circus disaster of all time.” The finest compliment you can give a trailer for an adaptation is that it makes you want to read the book. This one does it for me. You?
'Water for Elephants' trailer: Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon under the Big Top
Latest Videos in Movies
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Scandal' scores its highest-rated season finale
- 'Transcendence': EW movie review
- 'Heaven Is for Real': EW movie review
- 'Orphan Black': Creators' secrets from the set
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…