Robert Pattinson looks like a man in the adaptation of Sara Gruen’s best-seller Water for Elephants, acting opposite Oscar winners Reese Witherspoon (the beautiful performer his character, a veterinary student in charge of caring for a traveling circus’ animals, falls for during the Depression) and Christoph Waltz (Witherspoon’s husband, the troupe’s animal trainer). Director Francis Lawrence seems to be channeling Tim Burton, and it works. The music lures you in, as does the always affecting Hal Holbrook, who plays Pattinson’s aged character recalling the story of “the most famous circus disaster of all time.” The finest compliment you can give a trailer for an adaptation is that it makes you want to read the book. This one does it for me. You?
'Water for Elephants' trailer: Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon under the Big Top
Latest Videos in Movies
- Peter Capaldi: 'Who,' me? Why he wrote off idea he'd be Time Lord
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln on Rick juggling brutality/humanity
- Lana Del Rey's 'Ultraviolence' video: Veiled intentions?
- Quentin Tarantino's 'Hateful Eight' has a poster
- Allison Williams to play Peter Pan in NBC's live musical
- Sarah Palin inspires 'Stephen Colbert's Angry Echo Chamber'
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- TV Land orders Jim Gaffigan's CBS sitcom pilot to series
- Allison Williams to play Peter Pan in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live'
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- Paramount deletes tweet of Australian 'TMNT' poster amid 9/11 controversy