Robert Pattinson looks like a man in the adaptation of Sara Gruen’s best-seller Water for Elephants, acting opposite Oscar winners Reese Witherspoon (the beautiful performer his character, a veterinary student in charge of caring for a traveling circus’ animals, falls for during the Depression) and Christoph Waltz (Witherspoon’s husband, the troupe’s animal trainer). Director Francis Lawrence seems to be channeling Tim Burton, and it works. The music lures you in, as does the always affecting Hal Holbrook, who plays Pattinson’s aged character recalling the story of “the most famous circus disaster of all time.” The finest compliment you can give a trailer for an adaptation is that it makes you want to read the book. This one does it for me. You?
'Water for Elephants' trailer: Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon under the Big Top
- 'HitRECord on TV' trailer: First Look
- Benedict Cumberbatch + R. Kelly: Late-night 'Genius'
- Kanye = Liberace?: Aisha Tyler's late-night bite
- EW TV Recap Video: 'Survivor,' 'Mod Fam,' 'Coven'
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' trailer: Meet the villains
- 'Lilyhammer' season 2 sneak peek: What's in a name?
- Ryan Murphy 'AHS: Coven' reveal: More Stevie Nicks!
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman: 13 thoughts on the bombshell-casting bombshell
- 'Survivor' recap: Hayden's rustling feathers
- 'Veronica Mars' movie gets a release date; plus, watch a clip! -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Jeff Probst on that CRAZY tribal council
- 'American Horror Story' recap: Kill Fiona