Robert Pattinson looks like a man in the adaptation of Sara Gruen’s best-seller Water for Elephants, acting opposite Oscar winners Reese Witherspoon (the beautiful performer his character, a veterinary student in charge of caring for a traveling circus’ animals, falls for during the Depression) and Christoph Waltz (Witherspoon’s husband, the troupe’s animal trainer). Director Francis Lawrence seems to be channeling Tim Burton, and it works. The music lures you in, as does the always affecting Hal Holbrook, who plays Pattinson’s aged character recalling the story of “the most famous circus disaster of all time.” The finest compliment you can give a trailer for an adaptation is that it makes you want to read the book. This one does it for me. You?
'Water for Elephants' trailer: Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon under the Big Top
Latest Videos in Movies
- Super Bowl ads of 2015: Watch the early arrivals here
- Super Bowl battle of the banned ads: Pick your all-time fave in our bracket showdown
- 'American Idol' recap: San Francisco auditions
- Chris Pratt and Aubrey Plaza talk 'Parks and Rec': Andy and April spin-off 'behind the bedroom door'?
- 'Party Down South' season 3 peek: Meet Hannah, the new hell-raiser
- 'Vampire Diaries' date night? Watch Damon ask Elena out in sneak peek
- 'Empire' is on fire, but should we be sweating burn-out?
- Angels and Airwaves premieres half-animated video for 'Tunnels'
- Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' speech from 'The Bachelor'
- Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita look super-intense in new 'Walking Dead' photos -- exclusive
- 'Game of Thrones' creators react to seeing their show in IMAX for first time -- exclusive
- 'Grey's Anatomy' boss teases new doctors and new relationships
- 'Walking Dead' actor joins 'Criminal Minds' spinoff