A stunt performer working on The Hangover Part II was badly injured Dec. 17 in an on-set accident during a choreographed car stunt, a Warner Bros. rep confirms to EW. None of the film’s principal cast — Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms, and Justin Bartha — were on the set at the time. In a statement, the studio says the accident involved a truck and a car filming near Bangkok, Thailand, at around 3 a.m. local time. The stuntman, who the Australian newspaper the Daily Telegraph is reporting to be Scott McLean (The Matrix, Superman Returns, Ghost Rider), is currently in a Bangkok hospital receiving treatment. According to the statement, the studio is “awaiting further details concerning his condition.”
'The Hangover Part II' stuntman injured in on-set accident
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Orange Is the New Black' is on the new EW cover
- Laura Prepon on 'Orange': 'Alex fits me like a glove'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty': Purr-plexed?
- HBO shows coming to Amazon Prime
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- John Green set to talk 'Fault' at BookCon panel
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 590
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 475
- Slaves to Love 453
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 495
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- HBO makes huge Amazon Prime deal: See which shows are going online
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers