Warner Bros. confirms to EW what those of you who’ve seen the French video circulating online today with images from the set of the studio’s Sherlock Holmes sequel have already figured out: Rachel McAdams will return for a cameo in the follow-up to the 2009 holiday season hit. (Original stars Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law are returning to play the title detective and his trusty sidekick Dr. Watson, respectively, with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo star Noomi Rapace taking McAdams’ place as the main female lead. Mad Men‘s Jared Harris is playing the infamous Sherlock Holmes nemesis Professor Moriarty.) No details were provided on what McAdams’ character Irene Adler is up to in the film. See a shot of McAdams on the set, as well as footage of stunt men being sent flying (always fun), in the video below:
Rachel McAdams cameo confirmed for 'Sherlock Holmes' sequel
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Greensleeves'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' director Paris Barclay talks 'Greensleeves': 'I'm screaming, More pain!'
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Inbar Lavi on Jax-Winsome chemistry and her return
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- Nina Dobrev's crossover to 'The Originals': 5 new photos
- 'The Flash'; 'Agents of SHIELD'; 'The Voice'; 'Supernatural'; 'Marry Me'; more TV recaps
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Mockingbird: 'She's just a badass'