Warner Bros. confirms to EW what those of you who’ve seen the French video circulating online today with images from the set of the studio’s Sherlock Holmes sequel have already figured out: Rachel McAdams will return for a cameo in the follow-up to the 2009 holiday season hit. (Original stars Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law are returning to play the title detective and his trusty sidekick Dr. Watson, respectively, with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo star Noomi Rapace taking McAdams’ place as the main female lead. Mad Men‘s Jared Harris is playing the infamous Sherlock Holmes nemesis Professor Moriarty.) No details were provided on what McAdams’ character Irene Adler is up to in the film. See a shot of McAdams on the set, as well as footage of stunt men being sent flying (always fun), in the video below:
Rachel McAdams cameo confirmed for 'Sherlock Holmes' sequel
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Castle' goes '70s: Foxy Lanie!
- 'Friday Night Lights': Going out on top
- 'Southland' movie? Here's what we'd want to see
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Transcendence': EW movie review
- 'Heaven Is for Real': EW movie review
- 'Orphan Black': Creators' secrets from the set
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…