Warner Bros. confirms to EW what those of you who’ve seen the French video circulating online today with images from the set of the studio’s Sherlock Holmes sequel have already figured out: Rachel McAdams will return for a cameo in the follow-up to the 2009 holiday season hit. (Original stars Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law are returning to play the title detective and his trusty sidekick Dr. Watson, respectively, with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo star Noomi Rapace taking McAdams’ place as the main female lead. Mad Men‘s Jared Harris is playing the infamous Sherlock Holmes nemesis Professor Moriarty.) No details were provided on what McAdams’ character Irene Adler is up to in the film. See a shot of McAdams on the set, as well as footage of stunt men being sent flying (always fun), in the video below:
Rachel McAdams cameo confirmed for 'Sherlock Holmes' sequel
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Gone Girl' review: Put it on the 'A' list
- 'Lost' turns 10: Doc Jensen on the highs, lows, and legacy
- 11 things you'll want to know about the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover
- 'Sleepy Hollow' stars explain season 1 in 30 seconds
- 'NCIS' First Look: Meet young Ducky
- 'Faking It' stars talk THAT hookup: 'We totally understand why you're angry'
- 'Once Upon a Time' had plans for Jamie Dornan
- 'Saturday Night Live' cast changes: Tracking 40 years of turnover
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Cover up: 10 essential banned and challenged graphic novels
- If Jamie Dornan had returned to 'Once Upon a Time': What would've been
- 'The Good Wife' season premiere recap: 'The Line'
- Killed off 'Game of Thrones' actor promises season 5 return