Warner Bros. confirms to EW what those of you who’ve seen the French video circulating online today with images from the set of the studio’s Sherlock Holmes sequel have already figured out: Rachel McAdams will return for a cameo in the follow-up to the 2009 holiday season hit. (Original stars Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law are returning to play the title detective and his trusty sidekick Dr. Watson, respectively, with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo star Noomi Rapace taking McAdams’ place as the main female lead. Mad Men‘s Jared Harris is playing the infamous Sherlock Holmes nemesis Professor Moriarty.) No details were provided on what McAdams’ character Irene Adler is up to in the film. See a shot of McAdams on the set, as well as footage of stunt men being sent flying (always fun), in the video below:
Rachel McAdams cameo confirmed for 'Sherlock Holmes' sequel
Latest Videos in Movies
- Emmys: All-time best/worst style
- 47 fall movies we can't wait to see
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- Tina Fey accepts Kermit the Frog's Ice Bucket Challenge (it's child's play)
- 'Vampire Diaries' teaser: Let's see how everyone's doing without Damon
- 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'New Girl,' 'Once Upon a Time,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?
- Jonathan Lipnicki, a.k.a. the 'Jerry Maguire' kid, has some fun in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- Elena has a drug problem in 'Vampire Diaries' season 6 promo
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- New ABC special dares to rank all-time best 'Schoolhouse Rock' songs
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'