Warner Bros. confirms to EW what those of you who’ve seen the French video circulating online today with images from the set of the studio’s Sherlock Holmes sequel have already figured out: Rachel McAdams will return for a cameo in the follow-up to the 2009 holiday season hit. (Original stars Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law are returning to play the title detective and his trusty sidekick Dr. Watson, respectively, with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo star Noomi Rapace taking McAdams’ place as the main female lead. Mad Men‘s Jared Harris is playing the infamous Sherlock Holmes nemesis Professor Moriarty.) No details were provided on what McAdams’ character Irene Adler is up to in the film. See a shot of McAdams on the set, as well as footage of stunt men being sent flying (always fun), in the video below:
Rachel McAdams cameo confirmed for 'Sherlock Holmes' sequel
Latest Videos in Movies
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'Gilmore Girls': Amy Sherman-Palladino on how the 'thousand yellow daisies' scene grew
- Marvel on cryptic crossover art: 'Stay Tuned!' So, let's theorize...
- Danielle Panabaker on 'The Flash': 'I think there's something brewing' for Barry and Caitlin
- 'Lassa Fever' to 'The Dreaming Death': 5 soap opera epidemics
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- Ray Fisher: Meet DC's 'Cyborg'
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?