Inception and The Social Network both won at tonight’s Writers Guild of America Awards. Christopher Nolan won the best original screenplay category for Inception while Aaron Sorkin was the victor in the best adapted screenplay category for The Social Network, which is adapted from the book The Accidental Billionaires. Winners in the television categories included Mad Men (Drama Series), Modern Family (Comedy Series), and Boardwalk Empire (New Series). Charles Ferguson, Chad Beck, and Adam Bolt also picked up a trophy for their doc, Inside Job (Documentary Screenplay).
'Inception' and 'Social Network' win at WGA Awards
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter reveals how many club members will die
- Billy Crystal to honor Robin Williams at Emmys
- 'Utopia': Meet the cast of new reality series
- EWwy Awards 2014 winners are...
- Lindsay Lohan selfie with Tina Fey teases EW's fall 'Mean Girls' reunion
- Angelina Jolie on 'Unbroken': Telling Louis Zamperini's story 'a giant responsibility'
- Pierce Brosnan's got game? 007 vs. Jimmy Fallon in a round of 'Goldeneye'
- 'Wahlburgers'...or glimpse at real-life 'Entourage'? First Look
- Stephanie Jacobsen joins 'NCIS'... as a love interest for DiNozzo?
- Angelina Jolie on 'Unbroken': This story is 'a giant responsibility'
- David Letterman airs Robin Williams tribute
- 'Sons of Anarchy' gets official book -- and series finale air date
- Love it or loathe it? EW debates Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off'