Inception and The Social Network both won at tonight’s Writers Guild of America Awards. Christopher Nolan won the best original screenplay category for Inception while Aaron Sorkin was the victor in the best adapted screenplay category for The Social Network, which is adapted from the book The Accidental Billionaires. Winners in the television categories included Mad Men (Drama Series), Modern Family (Comedy Series), and Boardwalk Empire (New Series). Charles Ferguson, Chad Beck, and Adam Bolt also picked up a trophy for their doc, Inside Job (Documentary Screenplay).
'Inception' and 'Social Network' win at WGA Awards
Latest Videos in Movies
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- Halloween 2014: EW's favorite celebrity costumes
- 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Clive Barker is back from the dead--and his 'Nightbreed' is reborn
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying