Inception and The Social Network both won at tonight’s Writers Guild of America Awards. Christopher Nolan won the best original screenplay category for Inception while Aaron Sorkin was the victor in the best adapted screenplay category for The Social Network, which is adapted from the book The Accidental Billionaires. Winners in the television categories included Mad Men (Drama Series), Modern Family (Comedy Series), and Boardwalk Empire (New Series). Charles Ferguson, Chad Beck, and Adam Bolt also picked up a trophy for their doc, Inside Job (Documentary Screenplay).
'Inception' and 'Social Network' win at WGA Awards
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- 'Project Runway' recap: Unconventional movie night
- DC Comics characters we'd invite to the 'Arrow'/'Flash' party
- 'The Quest' premiere: Bored game
- Comic-Con: Why Team 'Twilight' made it better
- Chris Hardwick shares his Comic-Con '14 photo diary
- 'Doctor Who': 12 episodes you'd pick to get a newbie hooked
- Ben Stiller's 'Running Wild with Bear Grylls': A sneak peek