Inception and The Social Network both won at tonight’s Writers Guild of America Awards. Christopher Nolan won the best original screenplay category for Inception while Aaron Sorkin was the victor in the best adapted screenplay category for The Social Network, which is adapted from the book The Accidental Billionaires. Winners in the television categories included Mad Men (Drama Series), Modern Family (Comedy Series), and Boardwalk Empire (New Series). Charles Ferguson, Chad Beck, and Adam Bolt also picked up a trophy for their doc, Inside Job (Documentary Screenplay).
'Inception' and 'Social Network' win at WGA Awards
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And the mirrorball goes to...
- Netflix additions for December include 'Wolf of Wall Street,' 'American Horror Story: Coven'
- 'SNL' 'Second Chance Theatre': Ask Jason Sudeikis About Juggling Lessons
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' guys make excellent company for a rooftop chat
- 'Toy Story' kid sis talks transition to music: Sarah Rayne visits EW's 'Polished'
- 'The Flash'; 'Supernatural'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; more TV recaps
- 'Awkward.' season finale: Your take on 'Sprang Break, Part 2'?
- 'Faking It' season finale: Who got 'Busted'?
- And the 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 winner is...
- Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow try to out-curse each other on 'Kimmel'
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season finale recap: A nail-biter till the very end
- Watch Hugh Jackman pull a Johnny Depp in the trailer for 'Pan'
- 'The Voice' recap: Meet the Top 8