EW has confirmed Ryan Gosling is close to finalizing a deal with Warner Bros. for a remake of the 1976 cult classic Logan’s Run, re-teaming with the Danish director of Gosling’s upcoming thriller Drive, Nicolas Winding Refn. The original film, based on the novel by William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson, depicts a dystopian world which prevents overpopulation by killing everyone who reaches the age of 30. Gosling would play the part of Logan 5 (first portrayed by Michael York). The remake has famously passed through the hands of several directors, from Bryan Singer to TRON: Legacy‘s Joseph Kosinski.
Ryan Gosling in 'Logan's Run' remake?
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- 'American Idol' recap: Alabama shaky
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: 'Go It Alone'
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- 'Parenthood' react: 'The Pontiac'
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Resident Evil'
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch the gripping first three minutes before Tribeca -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Scandal' finale: Talk about it! -- UPDATED
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: We're All In This Alone