EW has confirmed Ryan Gosling is close to finalizing a deal with Warner Bros. for a remake of the 1976 cult classic Logan’s Run, re-teaming with the Danish director of Gosling’s upcoming thriller Drive, Nicolas Winding Refn. The original film, based on the novel by William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson, depicts a dystopian world which prevents overpopulation by killing everyone who reaches the age of 30. Gosling would play the part of Logan 5 (first portrayed by Michael York). The remake has famously passed through the hands of several directors, from Bryan Singer to TRON: Legacy‘s Joseph Kosinski.
Ryan Gosling in 'Logan's Run' remake?
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Project Runway All Stars': Look who's back for another round
- 'Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln: Fear the beard in season 5
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And our first night scores are...
- 'Facts of Life' cast reunites, shares memories at PaleyFest
- 'Castle' cast gets slap-happy in season 6 gag reel
- Bill Hader reminisces about Stefon with TV hubby Seth Meyers
- 'Revenge' season 4 trailer: 'Emily Thorne, I'm coming for you'
- 'Flash': How it went from concept to series in 5 superfast steps
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- Ryan Murphy on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'This season, once you die, you're dead'
- 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Tapestry Revealed
- First Look: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt swept away in romantic drama 'By the Sea'