Despite positive reviews, Mark Wahlberg was the only main cast member from The Fighter not to score an Oscar nomination for his performance in the movie. (Meanwhile, his costars Christian Bale, Amy Adams, and Melissa Leo were all recognized in the supporting categories.) In Part 3 of my interview with Wahlberg and his Fighter director David O. Russell (also nominated for an Oscar this year), Wahlberg tells me why he’s actually happier to be nominated as one of the film’s producers and whether he thinks his movie has a shot at upsetting The King’s Speech for the Best Picture win.
'The Fighter': Mark Wahlberg on his Best Actor snub
Latest Videos in Movies
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- 'Gotham' costume designer on what clothes tell us about each character
- 'Scandal': Michael Trucco as Abby's ex
- Ariana Grande goes DIY for 'Bang Bang' rap verse in U.K.
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more TV recaps
- 'The Blacklist'; 'Originals'; 'Gotham'; 'Jane the Virgin'; more TV recaps
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- Disney announces 2016 release for animated feature 'Moana'
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of 'Walking Dead'?
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: A pecs-tacular shirtless week
- 'Gotham' costume secrets: Revealing details you may have missed
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack to be released on cassette tapes