Despite positive reviews, Mark Wahlberg was the only main cast member from The Fighter not to score an Oscar nomination for his performance in the movie. (Meanwhile, his costars Christian Bale, Amy Adams, and Melissa Leo were all recognized in the supporting categories.) In Part 3 of my interview with Wahlberg and his Fighter director David O. Russell (also nominated for an Oscar this year), Wahlberg tells me why he’s actually happier to be nominated as one of the film’s producers and whether he thinks his movie has a shot at upsetting The King’s Speech for the Best Picture win.
'The Fighter': Mark Wahlberg on his Best Actor snub
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Arrow' shocker: Talk about 'Seeing Red'
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad' as narrator
- 'John From Cincinnati': Why not ready for Prime time?
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- TV clip shows: 5 all-time standouts
- 'Mean Girls' star comes out in letter to his character
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- 'Orange Is the New Black' is on the new EW cover
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 651
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 494
- Slaves to Love 464
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 508
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- HBO makes huge Amazon Prime deal: See which shows are going online
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE