Rock of Ages, his rep confirms. In the stage show, the character sings Bon Jovi’s “Wanted Dead or Alive” and is a part of other numbers including “I Wanna Know What Love Is.” He also receives a lap dance, and takes more than one punch. News of Cruise being courted for the film was first reported in October.Tom Cruise is bringing the ’80s back, with or without a Top Gun sequel. The actor is closing a deal to star as womanizing rocker Stacee Jaxx in Adam Shankman’s big-screen adaptation of the Tony-nominated Broadway musical
Tom Cruise to play rock star in 'Rock of Ages'
Latest Videos in Movies
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale
- 'Big Brother'; 'Masters of Sex'; 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who': TV recaps
- 14 worst jobs, as seen at the movies
- 20 best (and 10 worst) movie theme songs
- 'Downton Abbey' trailer: Servants are people too? 'Preferably only on their days off'
- 'Arrow' teases Oliver and Felicity getting close
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness