A free, outdoor screening of The Union, a documentary by Almost Famous director Cameron Crowe, will kick off the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival, fest organizers just announced. The film follows Elton John as he embarks on a collaboration with fellow music legend Leon Russell. After the premiere, which will take place on Wednesday, April 20 at New York’s World Financial Plaza, John himself will perform. The festival plans to announce the rest of its feature film slate on March 7 and March 14; the fest itself will run from April 20 through May 1.
Cameron Crowe's Elton John documentary will kick off 2011 Tribeca Film Festival
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Ant-Man' Comic-Con poster: First Look
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'Arrow' First Look: Colton Haynes as Arsenal
- Comic-Con 2014: Doc Jensen's picks
- Comic-Con '14: 8 buzzworthy TV panels
- Comic-Con '14: 10 hot movies in San Diego
- Comic-Con '14: Spotlight on comics/videogames
- 'Suits': Rick Hoffman talks Louis' dangerous moves