Viggo Mortensen is no longer in talks to star in Universal’s Snow White and the Huntsman, increasing speculation that the Oscar-nominated actor (Eastern Promises) might join Zack Snyder’s Superman: Man of Steel, according to Variety. Mortensen had been linked to the Snow White project, which will star Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron, but also rumored to be in the mix to play Superman villain, General Zod, in Warner Bros. superhero reboot. Mortensen and Warner Bros. did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Viggo Mortensen dumps Snow White ... for Superman?
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' trailer asks if Jax does bad things (Spoiler: Yes)
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water': Meet the 9 pairs
- 'Outlander' author Diana Gabaldon visits 18th-century Scotland: First Look
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Fly through the air with the greatest unease
- Mark Gatiss back for more 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Walking Dead' First Look/Q&A: Seth Gilliam as Father Gabriel Stokes
- 'Walking Dead': See 4 new EW collector's covers
- 'Pretty Little Liars' finale postmortem: (Spoiler) talks 'epic death'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: New teaser takes viewers under the big top
- David Chase finally reveals Tony's fate on 'The Sopranos'
- Homer Simpson takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Exclusive: 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop hits Manhattan
- New 'Survivor' cast boasts MLB pitcher John Rocker, Spider-Man actor, and 'Amazing Race' twins