Viggo Mortensen is no longer in talks to star in Universal’s Snow White and the Huntsman, increasing speculation that the Oscar-nominated actor (Eastern Promises) might join Zack Snyder’s Superman: Man of Steel, according to Variety. Mortensen had been linked to the Snow White project, which will star Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron, but also rumored to be in the mix to play Superman villain, General Zod, in Warner Bros. superhero reboot. Mortensen and Warner Bros. did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Viggo Mortensen dumps Snow White ... for Superman?
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': First teaser trailer
- 'Sons of Anarchy' salutes emotional Kurt Sutter
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Leftovers': The last straw
- 'True Blood' recap: 'Karma'
- 'True Blood': Anna Paquin's hair is to dye for
- 'Mad Max' trailer: 'My world is fire and blood'
- See 5 minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut
- Sneak a peek at the 'Simpsons' season premiere, in which one character will die
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers'
- 'Game of Thrones' epic blooper reel released