Viggo Mortensen is no longer in talks to star in Universal’s Snow White and the Huntsman, increasing speculation that the Oscar-nominated actor (Eastern Promises) might join Zack Snyder’s Superman: Man of Steel, according to Variety. Mortensen had been linked to the Snow White project, which will star Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron, but also rumored to be in the mix to play Superman villain, General Zod, in Warner Bros. superhero reboot. Mortensen and Warner Bros. did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Viggo Mortensen dumps Snow White ... for Superman?
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water': Meet the 9 pairs
- 'Pretty Little Liars' finale postmortem: (Spoiler) talks 'epic death'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Fly through the air with the greatest unease
- 'Walking Dead' First Look/Q&A: Seth Gilliam as Father Gabriel Stokes
- James Gandolfini's final onscreen role in 'The Drop' with Tom Hardy: Watch a featurette
- 'Walking Dead': See 4 new EW collector's covers
- 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop to hit Manhattan in September
- Chelsea Handler signs off, showered with love (and Ellen DeGeneres)
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: New teaser takes viewers under the big top
- Homer Simpson takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- New 'Survivor' cast boasts MLB pitcher John Rocker, Spider-Man actor, and 'Amazing Race' twins
- New 'Sons of Anarchy' photos are appropriately unsettling
- 'True Blood' star Kristin Bauer van Straten returning to 'Once Upon a Time' for major arc