Viggo Mortensen is no longer in talks to star in Universal’s Snow White and the Huntsman, increasing speculation that the Oscar-nominated actor (Eastern Promises) might join Zack Snyder’s Superman: Man of Steel, according to Variety. Mortensen had been linked to the Snow White project, which will star Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron, but also rumored to be in the mix to play Superman villain, General Zod, in Warner Bros. superhero reboot. Mortensen and Warner Bros. did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Viggo Mortensen dumps Snow White ... for Superman?
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Arrow'; 'The 100'; 'American Idol'; more TV recaps
- 'The Americans'; 'Top Chef'; 'Broad City'; more TV recaps
- Super Bowl ads of 2015: Watch the early arrivals here
- Super Bowl battle of the banned ads: Pick your all-time fave in our bracket showdown
- Chris Pratt and Aubrey Plaza talk 'Parks and Rec': Andy and April spin-off 'behind the bedroom door'?
- 'Party Down South' season 3 peek: Meet Hannah, the new hell-raiser
- Angels and Airwaves premieres half-animated video for 'Tunnels'
- 'Bachelor' seminar: Prof. Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' response to Britt
- Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' speech from 'The Bachelor'
- 'Game of Thrones' creators react to seeing their show in IMAX for first time -- exclusive
- 'Parks and Recreation' stars Chris Pratt and Aubrey Plaza pitch the Andy-April spin-off that goes…
- The Super Bowl ads of 2015: Watch them here
- Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita look super-intense in new 'Walking Dead' photos -- exclusive