Starting today at 1 p.m. ET, The Dark Knight won’t be the only Warner Bros. title available for rental on Facebook. The next five titles included in the studio’s experiment are Inception, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Life as We Know It, and Yogi Bear. “We’re pleased to expand our test with a variety of titles that will appeal to a broad audience,” Thomas Gewecke, President of Warner Bros. Digital Distribution, said in the announcement. “These titles have substantial followings on Facebook. The Fan Pages for Harry Potter and Inception alone are two of the most popular and active communities on the site.” In care you’re curious: Inception has more than 6 million Facebook fans, while Life As We Know It, the Katherine Heigl-Josh Duhamel rom-com, has 214,766, and Yogi Bear has 161,031.
Warner Bros. adds 'Inception,' 'Harry Potter' to Facebook rentals
Latest Videos in Movies
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- Jennifer Love Hewitt on 'Criminal Minds' role: 'Barney Fife to Hotch's Andy'
- J.K. Simmons toys with Miles Teller in 'Whiplash' scene
- Katherine Heigl's patriotically sexy 'State of Affairs' poster
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Storybrooke's on thin ice with Elsa
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast go inside 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- On the Books: Harry Potter collector sets Guinness World Record
- 'Sons of Anarchy' guest star Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Twilight Saga' returning with five short films on Facebook
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast talk 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Poor Little Lambs'