Starting today at 1 p.m. ET, The Dark Knight won’t be the only Warner Bros. title available for rental on Facebook. The next five titles included in the studio’s experiment are Inception, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Life as We Know It, and Yogi Bear. “We’re pleased to expand our test with a variety of titles that will appeal to a broad audience,” Thomas Gewecke, President of Warner Bros. Digital Distribution, said in the announcement. “These titles have substantial followings on Facebook. The Fan Pages for Harry Potter and Inception alone are two of the most popular and active communities on the site.” In care you’re curious: Inception has more than 6 million Facebook fans, while Life As We Know It, the Katherine Heigl-Josh Duhamel rom-com, has 214,766, and Yogi Bear has 161,031.
Warner Bros. adds 'Inception,' 'Harry Potter' to Facebook rentals
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': First teaser trailer
- 'Sons of Anarchy' salutes emotional Kurt Sutter
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Leftovers': The last straw
- 'True Blood' recap: 'Karma'
- 'True Blood': Anna Paquin's hair is to dye for
- 'Mad Max' trailer: 'My world is fire and blood'
- See 5 minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut
- Sneak a peek at the 'Simpsons' season premiere, in which one character will die
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers'
- 'Game of Thrones' epic blooper reel released