The trailer for Dolphin Tale – based on the true story of Winter the dolphin, who lost her tail and got a prosthetic one — is like an emotional assault. You start with Morgan Freeman, and we’re already vulnerable. Then there’s a dolphin, one of the most beloved creatures on the planet. Then the sensitive, soft-voiced Harry Connick Jr. A teary-eyed Ashley Judd. I assume a wounded soldier. Bad weather. A crying child. A grisly but tender Kris Kristofferson. The flashing of the words “From the studio and producers of The Blind Side.” And finally, a boy hugging a dolphin. Watch it below.
'Dolphin Tale' trailer: Already crying?
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead' season 5 im-posters: We retrofit classic promo art style to each episode
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 22 'shop 'til you drop!' movies
- John Hughes: 12 essential films from director of a Thanksgiving classic
- 'Star Wars' trailer wish list: VII things we hope to see
- Thanksgiving Day Parade recap: EW's play-by-play
- 'Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister