The trailer for Dolphin Tale – based on the true story of Winter the dolphin, who lost her tail and got a prosthetic one – is like an emotional assault. You start with Morgan Freeman, and we’re already vulnerable. Then there’s a dolphin, one of the most beloved creatures on the planet. Then the sensitive, soft-voiced Harry Connick Jr. A teary-eyed Ashley Judd. I assume a wounded soldier. Bad weather. A crying child. A grisly but tender Kris Kristofferson. The flashing of the words “From the studio and producers of The Blind Side.” And finally, a boy hugging a dolphin. Watch it below.
Apr 8 2011 12:42 PM ET
'Dolphin Tale' trailer: Already crying?
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Billboard Music Awards: 2013 winners are...
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for $1.1B: Report
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'Star Trek': Ranking the TV series, movies
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Game of Thrones': Compatible couples?
Find Movies and Showtimes
Choose Your Movie
- 'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and new reunion show format 458
- All Cried Out 464
- A Whole New World 409
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch) 353
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted! 506