Taken star Liam Neeson has been, well, taken out of The Hangover Part II. A Warner Bros. rep confirms to EW that the cameo Neeson filmed for the May 26 sequel has been cut from the comedy’s final draft. As Todd Phillips told Variety, the scene — in which Neeson played a tattoo artist — was snipped during the editing process when the director decided to do reshoots. Since the Oscar-nominated star was unavailable for additional filming, Phillips wasn’t able to shoot the altered scene with Neeson. The actor who filled his shoes? No, not Mel Gibson, who was cast in the role before getting axed after cast and crew members raised objections to filming with the embattled star. Instead, Nick Cassavetes, otherwise known as the director of The Notebook, was tasked to play Neeson’s tattoo artist. “We were in a complete time crunch so I called up Nick and asked if he would do the part,” Phillips told Variety. “He came in and crushed it and that is the scene that you will ultimately see in the film. [I'm excited for everyone] to see the film. It turned out great.”
'The Hangover Part II': Liam Neeson's cameo cut from film
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' teaser poster revealed
- 'Into the Woods' featurette: Go behind the scenes with Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, and Co.
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Marvel adds a new piece to its teaser art puzzle: 'Inhumans: Attilan Rising'
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the cover art for new Selection novel
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' First Look: Watch Annalise confront Sam
- 'Revenge' sneak peek: Tattoo guy makes David Clarke a marked man
- 'Game of Thrones' season 5 rumors debunked
- This week's cover: 'Into the Woods' enchants EW's holiday movie preview
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer is here: What we learned
- Zach Galifianakis gets a little too real with Brad Pitt on 'Between Two Ferns'
- WIll Smith bringing 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox