Taken star Liam Neeson has been, well, taken out of The Hangover Part II. A Warner Bros. rep confirms to EW that the cameo Neeson filmed for the May 26 sequel has been cut from the comedy’s final draft. As Todd Phillips told Variety, the scene — in which Neeson played a tattoo artist — was snipped during the editing process when the director decided to do reshoots. Since the Oscar-nominated star was unavailable for additional filming, Phillips wasn’t able to shoot the altered scene with Neeson. The actor who filled his shoes? No, not Mel Gibson, who was cast in the role before getting axed after cast and crew members raised objections to filming with the embattled star. Instead, Nick Cassavetes, otherwise known as the director of The Notebook, was tasked to play Neeson’s tattoo artist. “We were in a complete time crunch so I called up Nick and asked if he would do the part,” Phillips told Variety. “He came in and crushed it and that is the scene that you will ultimately see in the film. [I'm excited for everyone] to see the film. It turned out great.”
'The Hangover Part II': Liam Neeson's cameo cut from film
Latest Videos in Movies
- Fall TV ads graded: Best and worst of 2014
- 'New Girl' recap: 'Dice'
- 'Mindy Project' recap: 'Annette Castellano Is My Nemesis'
- 'True Detective': Making the case for Vince Vaughn
- 'Originals' First Look: Klaus makes an art of revenge
- Fresh faces of fall TV '14: Who's new on 25 shows
- Norman Reedus joins Tricky in new 'Sun Down' video
- Steven Yeun describes a 'hardened' Glenn in 'Walking Dead' season 5
- 11 things you'll want to know about the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover
- 'Dallas' finale postmortem: Producer, star talk about losing a Ewing
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Gotham' premieres strong while 'Big Bang Theory' explodes
- 'The Big Bang Theory' season premiere recap: 'The Locomotion Interruption' and 'The Junior Professor…