Taken star Liam Neeson has been, well, taken out of The Hangover Part II. A Warner Bros. rep confirms to EW that the cameo Neeson filmed for the May 26 sequel has been cut from the comedy’s final draft. As Todd Phillips told Variety, the scene — in which Neeson played a tattoo artist — was snipped during the editing process when the director decided to do reshoots. Since the Oscar-nominated star was unavailable for additional filming, Phillips wasn’t able to shoot the altered scene with Neeson. The actor who filled his shoes? No, not Mel Gibson, who was cast in the role before getting axed after cast and crew members raised objections to filming with the embattled star. Instead, Nick Cassavetes, otherwise known as the director of The Notebook, was tasked to play Neeson’s tattoo artist. “We were in a complete time crunch so I called up Nick and asked if he would do the part,” Phillips told Variety. “He came in and crushed it and that is the scene that you will ultimately see in the film. [I'm excited for everyone] to see the film. It turned out great.”
'The Hangover Part II': Liam Neeson's cameo cut from film
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman EW portraits
- Jenny Slate booked for 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' season premiere
- 'Interstellar': Comic-Con trailer lands online
- 'Divergent' disturbing deleted scene: Get an eyeful
- Daniel Radcliffe: How Spider-Man let him be a fly on the wall in S.D.
- 'Peter Pan': Let's make it a full-on 'Girls' night out
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln on Rick juggling brutality/humanity
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- Allison Williams to play Peter Pan in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live'
- TV Land orders Jim Gaffigan's CBS sitcom pilot to series
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- Paramount deletes tweet of Australian 'TMNT' poster amid 9/11 controversy