Taken star Liam Neeson has been, well, taken out of The Hangover Part II. A Warner Bros. rep confirms to EW that the cameo Neeson filmed for the May 26 sequel has been cut from the comedy’s final draft. As Todd Phillips told Variety, the scene — in which Neeson played a tattoo artist — was snipped during the editing process when the director decided to do reshoots. Since the Oscar-nominated star was unavailable for additional filming, Phillips wasn’t able to shoot the altered scene with Neeson. The actor who filled his shoes? No, not Mel Gibson, who was cast in the role before getting axed after cast and crew members raised objections to filming with the embattled star. Instead, Nick Cassavetes, otherwise known as the director of The Notebook, was tasked to play Neeson’s tattoo artist. “We were in a complete time crunch so I called up Nick and asked if he would do the part,” Phillips told Variety. “He came in and crushed it and that is the scene that you will ultimately see in the film. [I'm excited for everyone] to see the film. It turned out great.”
'The Hangover Part II': Liam Neeson's cameo cut from film
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Everest Jump Live' canceled after tragedy
- 'Salem' series premiere: Worth a look?
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Godzilla' promo: See the monster roar
- 'Orphan Black' showrunners on THAT return...
- 'Orphan Black' recap: Only the Clonely
- 'Orphan Black' shocker: Tatiana Maslany says...
- Acts of God: 12 TV/movie Jesuses
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- 'Orphan Black': The creators discuss the shocking return of [SPOILER]
- Mara Wilson has 'no interest' in 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like