The Hobbit director Peter Jackson announced on his Facebook page Sunday that British actor Rob Kazinsky (ABC’s Brothers & Sisters, the UK soap EastEnders) — who had been cast as Fili, one of the dwarves who accompany Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) on his grand adventure — is leaving the film “for personal reasons.” Jackson stressed that the departure “will not affect ongoing filming of The Hobbit, nor will it impact work done to date, as we had yet to film much of Fili’s storyline.” The production is currently focused on shooting scenes featuring Bilbo without the dwarves, which Jackson says “will give us time to find a new Fili.”
'The Hobbit': Actor Rob Kazinsky, cast as dwarf Fili, drops out of movie
Latest Videos in Movies
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 'Star Wars' trailer wish list: VII things we hope to see
- Thanksgiving Day Parade: How'd it look to you?
- 10 movies that serve up memorable Thanksgivings
- 10 Thanksgivings with 'Friends'
- Retire? Liars! 12 musical acts who said goodbye... doesn't mean forever
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst (plus a tease and deleted scene)
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister