For more than a year now, rumors have been floating that Johnny Depp — who got his start as a teen hunk on the ’80s undercover-cops-in-high-school series 21 Jump Street — might jump into Sony’s big-screen reboot for some kind of cameo. Well, after seemingly endless speculation, a source close to the production now tells EW that a small, uncredited Depp cameo does indeed look likely to happen. No details are available yet on what character Depp might play in the film, which begins shooting this month with Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum in the lead roles. But, in an interview with EW last year, Depp himself jokingly envisioned popping up as his original character, Tom Hanson: “Someone will say, ‘Whatever happened to Tom Hanson?’ and they’ll find me somewhere hoarding jars of peanut butter and shaking in my underpants.”
Johnny Depp set for uncredited cameo in '21 Jump Street'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead' cast react to season 5 trailer
- 'Pretty Little Liars' recap: 'Scream for Me'
- 'CSI' role for Mark Valley
- 'Nerd-tastic' H.S. comedy 'The Outskirts': First Look
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelorette' blog: The finale
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Hunnam's message/massage
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- Warner Bros. and RatPac team up for 'The Goldfinch'
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- 'The Bachelorette' season finale recap: STAHP in the name of love
- Tyler Jacob Moore, John Rhys-Davies join 'OUAT' in 'Frozen' roles