For more than a year now, rumors have been floating that Johnny Depp — who got his start as a teen hunk on the ’80s undercover-cops-in-high-school series 21 Jump Street — might jump into Sony’s big-screen reboot for some kind of cameo. Well, after seemingly endless speculation, a source close to the production now tells EW that a small, uncredited Depp cameo does indeed look likely to happen. No details are available yet on what character Depp might play in the film, which begins shooting this month with Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum in the lead roles. But, in an interview with EW last year, Depp himself jokingly envisioned popping up as his original character, Tom Hanson: “Someone will say, ‘Whatever happened to Tom Hanson?’ and they’ll find me somewhere hoarding jars of peanut butter and shaking in my underpants.”
Johnny Depp set for uncredited cameo in '21 Jump Street'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Greensleeves'
- Nina Dobrev's crossover to 'The Originals': 5 new photos
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'The Flash'; 'Agents of SHIELD'; 'The Voice'; 'Supernatural'; 'Marry Me'; more TV recaps
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Mockingbird: 'She's just a badass'
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- 'Gilmore Girls': Amy Sherman-Palladino on how the 'thousand yellow daisies' scene grew
- Marvel on cryptic crossover art: 'Stay Tuned!' So, let's theorize...