For more than a year now, rumors have been floating that Johnny Depp — who got his start as a teen hunk on the ’80s undercover-cops-in-high-school series 21 Jump Street — might jump into Sony’s big-screen reboot for some kind of cameo. Well, after seemingly endless speculation, a source close to the production now tells EW that a small, uncredited Depp cameo does indeed look likely to happen. No details are available yet on what character Depp might play in the film, which begins shooting this month with Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum in the lead roles. But, in an interview with EW last year, Depp himself jokingly envisioned popping up as his original character, Tom Hanson: “Someone will say, ‘Whatever happened to Tom Hanson?’ and they’ll find me somewhere hoarding jars of peanut butter and shaking in my underpants.”
Johnny Depp set for uncredited cameo in '21 Jump Street'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the mirrorball goes to...
- 'Supernatural'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; more TV recaps
- Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson breaks silence in ABC News interview
- Jim Parsons gets a read on 1922 play 'Merton of the Movies': 'a very visceral link to the past'
- 'Jurassic World': Watch first full trailer
- Hugh Jackman welcomes(?) us to Neverland in 'Pan' trailer
- Black Friday preview: Where to find deals on Blu-ray, books, videogames
- Jennifer Aniston vs. Lisa Kudrow: A little cussing among 'Friends'