For more than a year now, rumors have been floating that Johnny Depp — who got his start as a teen hunk on the ’80s undercover-cops-in-high-school series 21 Jump Street — might jump into Sony’s big-screen reboot for some kind of cameo. Well, after seemingly endless speculation, a source close to the production now tells EW that a small, uncredited Depp cameo does indeed look likely to happen. No details are available yet on what character Depp might play in the film, which begins shooting this month with Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum in the lead roles. But, in an interview with EW last year, Depp himself jokingly envisioned popping up as his original character, Tom Hanson: “Someone will say, ‘Whatever happened to Tom Hanson?’ and they’ll find me somewhere hoarding jars of peanut butter and shaking in my underpants.”
Apr 25 2011 02:51 PM ET
Johnny Depp set for uncredited cameo in '21 Jump Street'
- 'Dancing With the Stars' champs are...
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- 'Voice' dedicates song to tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed: Will he listen?
- Bon Jovi to Bieber: Don't be late!
- 'Criminal Minds' season finale peek
- 'Buffy': 10th anniversary of series finale
- Microsoft debuts next-gen Xbox One
Find Movies and Showtimes
Choose Your Movie