Perhaps it wasn’t the wisest choice to release the trailer for the eagerly anticipated film adaptation of One Day, out July 8, on the same day as the Royal Wedding, considering we’re all pretty much on romantic British people overload at this point. Nevertheless, the preview for the swoon-worthy dramedy, based on David Nicholls wonderful best-selling novel, hit the Web and it’s complete with a decades-spanning tale about heartache, friendships, weddings, babies, British accents, and bad 90′s haircuts. Just like the book, the movie will catch up on the same day every year (July 15 in the novel) with the will-they-or-won’t-they relationship between friends Emma (Anne Hathaway) and Dexter (Jim Sturgess). Good luck trying not to get choked up!
'One Day' trailer shows Anne Hathaway in a decades-spanning relationship with Jim Sturgess
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman': EW movie review
- NIN's 'Downward Spiral': A masterwork turns 20
- 'Bachelor': Chris vs. Juan Pablo on Andi's exit
- Jimmy Kimmel puts a telenovela twist on 'Scandal'
- Benedict Cumberbatch 'T' time: 10 things we learned
- Lupita Nyong'o: Before she was famous...
- Lindsay Lohan teases 'Mean Girls' reunion
- Lacey Chabert: Call me, 'Mean Girls'!