Perhaps it wasn’t the wisest choice to release the trailer for the eagerly anticipated film adaptation of One Day, out July 8, on the same day as the Royal Wedding, considering we’re all pretty much on romantic British people overload at this point. Nevertheless, the preview for the swoon-worthy dramedy, based on David Nicholls wonderful best-selling novel, hit the Web and it’s complete with a decades-spanning tale about heartache, friendships, weddings, babies, British accents, and bad 90’s haircuts. Just like the book, the movie will catch up on the same day every year (July 15 in the novel) with the will-they-or-won’t-they relationship between friends Emma (Anne Hathaway) and Dexter (Jim Sturgess). Good luck trying not to get choked up!
'One Day' trailer shows Anne Hathaway in a decades-spanning relationship with Jim Sturgess
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman EW portraits
- 'Goldfinch' movie: Let's pick our dream cast
- 'Into the Woods': 10 new production photos
- 'Interstellar': Comic-Con trailer lands online
- Daniel Radcliffe: How Spider-Man let him be a fly on the wall in S.D.
- 'Divergent' disturbing deleted scene: Get an eyeful
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln on Rick juggling brutality/humanity