Perhaps it wasn’t the wisest choice to release the trailer for the eagerly anticipated film adaptation of One Day, out July 8, on the same day as the Royal Wedding, considering we’re all pretty much on romantic British people overload at this point. Nevertheless, the preview for the swoon-worthy dramedy, based on David Nicholls wonderful best-selling novel, hit the Web and it’s complete with a decades-spanning tale about heartache, friendships, weddings, babies, British accents, and bad 90’s haircuts. Just like the book, the movie will catch up on the same day every year (July 15 in the novel) with the will-they-or-won’t-they relationship between friends Emma (Anne Hathaway) and Dexter (Jim Sturgess). Good luck trying not to get choked up!
'One Day' trailer shows Anne Hathaway in a decades-spanning relationship with Jim Sturgess
Latest Videos in Movies
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris in recurring role
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries' and more
- Summer box office: Why didn't 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' fly higher?