Perhaps it wasn’t the wisest choice to release the trailer for the eagerly anticipated film adaptation of One Day, out July 8, on the same day as the Royal Wedding, considering we’re all pretty much on romantic British people overload at this point. Nevertheless, the preview for the swoon-worthy dramedy, based on David Nicholls wonderful best-selling novel, hit the Web and it’s complete with a decades-spanning tale about heartache, friendships, weddings, babies, British accents, and bad 90’s haircuts. Just like the book, the movie will catch up on the same day every year (July 15 in the novel) with the will-they-or-won’t-they relationship between friends Emma (Anne Hathaway) and Dexter (Jim Sturgess). Good luck trying not to get choked up!
'One Day' trailer shows Anne Hathaway in a decades-spanning relationship with Jim Sturgess
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: What we saw
- Marvel adds a new piece to its teaser art puzzle: 'Inhumans: Attilan Rising'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' recap: 'Edward Mordrake, Part 1'
- 'Survivor' recap: Resetting the game
- 'Nashville'; 'Arrow'; 'Top Chef'; 'The 100'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Disney animated films: Best/worst