Golden Globes host Ricky Gervais is getting back on the big-screen: EW has learned exclusively that Gervais will voice the spy dog Argonaut in this summer’s Spy Kids: All The Time in the World. Jokes Gervais, “Not only am I lending my voice to Spy Kids, but they can keep it. I’m sick of it.” World is the fourth installment in the Spy Kids franchise and stars Jessica Alba, Jeremy Piven, and Joel McHale, and boasts appearances by original cast members Antonio Banderas, Danny Trejo, Alexa Vega, and Daryl Sabara. Alba plays a mother of two and retired spy who’s brought back into action when Piven’s ruthless villain, the Timekeeper, attempts to take over the world. Written and directed by Robert Rodriguez, Spy Kids: All the Time in the World will hit theaters in 3-D on Aug. 19.
Ricky Gervais to voice spy dog in next 'Spy Kids' film -- EXCLUSIVE
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead' midseason finale: Who won't survive?
- 'SNL' host poll: How'd Cameron Diaz do?
- Worst sitcom title ever? We might have a new contender
- 'True Detective' roles for Rachel McAdams, Taylor Kitsch, Kelly Reilly
- Angelina Jolie and Jack O'Connell are 'Unbroken': See new EW cover
- Broadway star Tavi Gevinson picks her fave books; we pick her brain on creativity for 'Lightbulb'
- 'Pan' First Look: Hugh Jackman as villain pirate...but don't call him Hook
- American Music Awards '14: We grade the performances