Step one: Kick off your Sunday shoes. (Seriously. It’s Wednesday. They’re starting to smell.) Step 2: Watch the brand-new trailer for Paramount’s Footloose remake (below), starring Kenny Wormald (Center Stage: Turn It Up) as rug-cutting bad boy Ren, the role made famous by Kevin Bacon in the 1984 original. The basic story looks the same, with Ren falling for a preacher’s daughter (Dancing with the Stars‘ Julianne Hough) while tussling with her overbearing dad (Dennis Quaid) over their town’s anti-dancing law. And there’s even a new version of the famous, high-flying warehouse dance scene. But crunk dancing? Ren’s Kennedy accent? Both new, for sure. And it looks like Wormald is officially trying to out-floof Kevin Bacon’s legendary cowlick. Brave move, Ken. Check out the full trailer below!
Jun 22 2011 01:10 PM ET
'Footloose' remake: Watch the trailer here!
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Billboard Music Awards: 2013 winners are...
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for $1.1B: Report
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'Star Trek': Ranking the TV series, movies
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Game of Thrones': Compatible couples?
Find Movies and Showtimes
Choose Your Movie
- 'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and new reunion show format 458
- All Cried Out 464
- A Whole New World 408
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch) 340
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted! 501