Will Smith is courting Men in Black III co-star Emma Thompson to write the screenplay for a remake of Annie that would star his daughter, Willow. A spokesperson for Thompson confirmed a New York Magazine report that talks were underway, though a role in front of the cameras does not appear to be in the cards for the actress. The Oscar-winning writer (Sense and Sensibility) and writer/star of the Nanny McPhee films plays Agent Oh in next summer’s Men in Black sequel.
Emma Thompson in talks to write 'Annie' for Willow Smith
Latest Videos in Movies
- Peter Capaldi, that's 'Who': See the new EW cover
- Allison Williams to play Peter Pan in NBC's live musical
- 'Batman v Superman' Comic-Con preview: Don't look for it online
- 'Walking Dead' cast not tight-lipped about season 5 trailer
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 'New Girl' True American drinking game: The day I gave it a shot...
- 'Pretty Little Liars' recap: 'Scream for Me'
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- TV Land orders Jim Gaffigan's CBS sitcom pilot to series
- PopWatch Confessional: I tried to play 'New Girl's fake drinking game
- Paramount deletes tweet of Australian 'TMNT' poster amid 9/11 controversy