Will Smith is courting Men in Black III co-star Emma Thompson to write the screenplay for a remake of Annie that would star his daughter, Willow. A spokesperson for Thompson confirmed a New York Magazine report that talks were underway, though a role in front of the cameras does not appear to be in the cards for the actress. The Oscar-winning writer (Sense and Sensibility) and writer/star of the Nanny McPhee films plays Agent Oh in next summer’s Men in Black sequel.
Emma Thompson in talks to write 'Annie' for Willow Smith
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'Freakin' Whack-a-Mole' surprises
- 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- 'Modern Family' Halloween: Welcome to AwesomeLand
- Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGregor in 'The Real Thing': EW stage review
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'