One of the more polarizing entries at the Cannes film festival this year was Restless, director Gus Van Sant’s first film since Milk. The atmospheric drama follows a death-obsessed Oregon teenager (Henry Hopper, son of Dennis) who crashes funerals where he meets a terminally-ill cancer patient (The Kids Are All Right‘s Mia Wasikowska). Some viewers found the film a bit precious, but I still found Wasikowska’s character’s matter-of-fact reaction to her diagnosis inspiring. Sony Pictures Classics will release Restless on September 16; here’s a new trailer in the meantime:
'Restless' trailer: Gus Van Sant's cancer-based drama stars Mia Wasikowska
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- 'American Idol' recap: Alabama shaky
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: 'Go It Alone'
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- 'Parenthood' react: 'The Pontiac'
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Resident Evil'
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?