One of the more polarizing entries at the Cannes film festival this year was Restless, director Gus Van Sant’s first film since Milk. The atmospheric drama follows a death-obsessed Oregon teenager (Henry Hopper, son of Dennis) who crashes funerals where he meets a terminally-ill cancer patient (The Kids Are All Right‘s Mia Wasikowska). Some viewers found the film a bit precious, but I still found Wasikowska’s character’s matter-of-fact reaction to her diagnosis inspiring. Sony Pictures Classics will release Restless on September 16; here’s a new trailer in the meantime:
'Restless' trailer: Gus Van Sant's cancer-based drama stars Mia Wasikowska
Latest Videos in Movies
- 20 most compelling actor/director teams now
- Sarah Paulson on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'something happens in the very first episode that's crazy'
- 'Red Band Society' debuts: First impressions?
- 'Top Chef Duels' recap: Nyesha Arrington vs. Jennifer Carroll
- Kunal Nayyar sings Boyz II Men on 'Queen Latifah Show': Sneak peek
- Frankie's 'Big Brother' regret? 'Trusting Caleb. Period.'
- 'This Is Where I Leave You' review: Reunited and it feels so...schmaltzy
- 'Survivor' scouting report: John Rocker's plan if he's recognized?
- No Blood On His Hands 601
- Famed James Bond villain Richard Kiel dies at 74 569
- Discovery to strand Democrat and Republican senators on deserted island 484
- The glimmering crocodile tears of Princess Victoria, First of Her Name 475
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks 440
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Frankie of 'Big Brother' says he does not regret pushing the Rewind button and wants to marry Zach
- '7th Heaven' cast, minus Ruthie, reunites
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: No second chance for a second dance