One of the more polarizing entries at the Cannes film festival this year was Restless, director Gus Van Sant’s first film since Milk. The atmospheric drama follows a death-obsessed Oregon teenager (Henry Hopper, son of Dennis) who crashes funerals where he meets a terminally-ill cancer patient (The Kids Are All Right‘s Mia Wasikowska). Some viewers found the film a bit precious, but I still found Wasikowska’s character’s matter-of-fact reaction to her diagnosis inspiring. Sony Pictures Classics will release Restless on September 16; here’s a new trailer in the meantime:
'Restless' trailer: Gus Van Sant's cancer-based drama stars Mia Wasikowska
Latest Videos in Movies
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- 'Walking Dead': Behind-the-scenes at the EW cover photo shoot
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Big Bang Theory' scoop: Sheldon's train took him to...
- Donny on his 'Big Brother' fate: 'Team America voted me out'
- Jon Stewart says Hugh Grant was worst 'Daily Show' guest ever; Grant agrees
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Norman Reedus' Personal 'Walking Dead' Photo Album
- 'Walking Dead': New EW Character Portraits
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television