One of the more polarizing entries at the Cannes film festival this year was Restless, director Gus Van Sant’s first film since Milk. The atmospheric drama follows a death-obsessed Oregon teenager (Henry Hopper, son of Dennis) who crashes funerals where he meets a terminally-ill cancer patient (The Kids Are All Right‘s Mia Wasikowska). Some viewers found the film a bit precious, but I still found Wasikowska’s character’s matter-of-fact reaction to her diagnosis inspiring. Sony Pictures Classics will release Restless on September 16; here’s a new trailer in the meantime:
'Restless' trailer: Gus Van Sant's cancer-based drama stars Mia Wasikowska
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL': How'd Blake Shelton do?
- 'SNL': 10 best (and 5 worst) host/musical guests
- WWE Royal Rumbles: Ranking the worst, best, and the G.O.A.T.
- SAG Awards 2014 flashback: Remember what the stars wore last year?
- SAG Awards 2014 flashback: How we ranked last year's speeches
- 'Westworld' team on what their secretive show is about: 'the things that keep you up at night'
- Bill Maher on why 'American Sniper' is a blockbuster while 'Hurt Locker' was not
- Melissa Rauch on gymnastic sex scene in 'The Bronze' at Sundance: 'you write what you know'
- 'Westworld' producers hint HBO's drama has great, freaky potential
- 'SNL': 10 Best (and 5 Worst) Host/Musical Guests
- Blake Shelton takes over 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- 'Big Bang Theory' star's gymnastic sex scene scores a '10' at Sundance
- Bill Maher calls 'American Sniper' Chris Kyle 'a psychopath patriot'