One of the more polarizing entries at the Cannes film festival this year was Restless, director Gus Van Sant’s first film since Milk. The atmospheric drama follows a death-obsessed Oregon teenager (Henry Hopper, son of Dennis) who crashes funerals where he meets a terminally-ill cancer patient (The Kids Are All Right‘s Mia Wasikowska). Some viewers found the film a bit precious, but I still found Wasikowska’s character’s matter-of-fact reaction to her diagnosis inspiring. Sony Pictures Classics will release Restless on September 16; here’s a new trailer in the meantime:
'Restless' trailer: Gus Van Sant's cancer-based drama stars Mia Wasikowska
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC 'effective immediately'
- Damian Lewis back at Showtime in pilot for a Wall Street drama with Paul Giamatti
- 'Game of Thrones' actor Charles Dance signs on for Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- 'Terminator' blows away a first-time viewer's misconceptions
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in now'
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- TLC cancels 'Honey Boo Boo'
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- The 17 most important GIFs from the 'Avengers 2' trailer