One of the more polarizing entries at the Cannes film festival this year was Restless, director Gus Van Sant’s first film since Milk. The atmospheric drama follows a death-obsessed Oregon teenager (Henry Hopper, son of Dennis) who crashes funerals where he meets a terminally-ill cancer patient (The Kids Are All Right‘s Mia Wasikowska). Some viewers found the film a bit precious, but I still found Wasikowska’s character’s matter-of-fact reaction to her diagnosis inspiring. Sony Pictures Classics will release Restless on September 16; here’s a new trailer in the meantime:
'Restless' trailer: Gus Van Sant's cancer-based drama stars Mia Wasikowska
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'American Idol' recap: Roll down a familiar road
- '24: Live Another Day': 10 new photos
- 'Clone Wars': Final 13 answer big 'Star Wars' Q's
- 'Reign' react: 'The Consummation'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' shocker: Isaiah Washington back!
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away'
- Aaron Carter + Hilary Duff for Throwback Thursday
- 'Scandal' recap: 'We Do Not Touch the First Ladies'