One of the more polarizing entries at the Cannes film festival this year was Restless, director Gus Van Sant’s first film since Milk. The atmospheric drama follows a death-obsessed Oregon teenager (Henry Hopper, son of Dennis) who crashes funerals where he meets a terminally-ill cancer patient (The Kids Are All Right‘s Mia Wasikowska). Some viewers found the film a bit precious, but I still found Wasikowska’s character’s matter-of-fact reaction to her diagnosis inspiring. Sony Pictures Classics will release Restless on September 16; here’s a new trailer in the meantime:
'Restless' trailer: Gus Van Sant's cancer-based drama stars Mia Wasikowska
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' takes its final ride: See new EW cover
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Storybrooke's on thin ice with Elsa
- 'Sons of Anarchy'; 'Agents of SHIELD'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; 'New Girl'; 'Utopia': Tuesday TV recaps
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast go inside 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- 'Bones' sneak peek: The team vows to avenge Sweets
- Lauren Cohan on Maggie in 'Walking Dead' season 5: 'We're all animals now'
- Ben Affleck teases Jon Stewart: 'Rosewater' or 'Argo Jr.'?
- On the Books: Harry Potter collector sets Guinness World Record
- 'Sons of Anarchy' guest star Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Twilight Saga' returning with five short films on Facebook
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Poor Little Lambs'
- First trailer for Syfy's space thriller 'Ascension' starring Tricia Helfer