Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark star Reeve Carney has officially been cast in a film about the late singer-songwriter Jeff Buckley. EW has confirmed the news, initially reported by Deadline, that the actor-singer will play Buckley in the untitled film, to be directed by Jake Scott. There is something of a rush of Buckley biopics in the near future: Gossip Girl star Penn Badgley will play Buckley in the competing biopic Greetings from Tim Buckley, and Australian director Brendan Fletcher is reportedly working on his own adaptation of the biography A Pure Drop: The Life of Jeff Buckley. The Carney-headlining film, however, is the only one being made with the direct participation of Buckley’s mother, and also has exclusive rights to Buckley’s music. The untitled biopic is scheduled to begin filming in November.
Reeve Carney cast as Jeff Buckley in still-untitled biopic
Latest Videos in Movies
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying
- Taylor Swift as an Pegacorn; Katy Perry as a Cheeto; more celeb Halloween costumes
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- J.K. Rowling digs into Dolores Umbridge in new Pottermore story
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies': First Look at the Bennet sisters
- 'Today'/'GMA' Halloween: Lara Spencer as Prince George; Hoda and Kathie Lee in Wayne's World
- 'Two and a Half Men' returns: 'Duckie's gettin' lucky'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps its series finale
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role