Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark star Reeve Carney has officially been cast in a film about the late singer-songwriter Jeff Buckley. EW has confirmed the news, initially reported by Deadline, that the actor-singer will play Buckley in the untitled film, to be directed by Jake Scott. There is something of a rush of Buckley biopics in the near future: Gossip Girl star Penn Badgley will play Buckley in the competing biopic Greetings from Tim Buckley, and Australian director Brendan Fletcher is reportedly working on his own adaptation of the biography A Pure Drop: The Life of Jeff Buckley. The Carney-headlining film, however, is the only one being made with the direct participation of Buckley’s mother, and also has exclusive rights to Buckley’s music. The untitled biopic is scheduled to begin filming in November.
Reeve Carney cast as Jeff Buckley in still-untitled biopic
- Tina + Amy: Darth Vader has two mommies?
- Golden Globes: 16 snubs that bugged YOU
- Jeff Probst on 'Survivor' two-season renewal
- Golden Globes: 'Comedy' category becoming a joke
- 'Survivor' exit Q&A: Katie's rocky road
- Golden Globes noms: Who's up/down for Oscars?
- Golden Globes TV noms: Nice surprises, nasty snubs
- Chiwetel Ejiofor on Globes-trotting '12 Years' team
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- Beastie Boys sue GoldieBlox for copyright infringement over 'Girls' video
- '12 Years a Slave' and 'American Hustle' lead Golden Globe nominees
- Golden Globes nominations shocking TV snubs
- 'Survivor' recap: Drawing a Line in the Sand