We’ve got your online exclusive first look at two new posters — and, technically, trailers — for Sundance hit Martha Marcy May Marlene. (In theaters Oct. 21.) The drama stars Elizabeth Olsen, younger sister of Mary-Kate and Ashley, as Martha (a.k.a. Marcy May, a.k.a. Marlene), a damaged woman who struggles to reassimilate with her family after fleeing a cult. Winter’s Bone Oscar nominee John Hawkes co-stars as the cult leader. The posters feature QR codes, which you scan with your smartphone for access to exclusive trailers. These previews will not be available any other way online — which is something new to online marketing — and are only viewable by scanning the QR codes. The posters will be randomly posted on the streets of Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Los Angeles as well. Scannable standees will also hit movie theaters nationwide.
'Martha Marcy May Marlene' posters debut trailers for smartphone users -- EXCLUSIVE
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Fargo' recap: 'The Rooster Prince'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- Neil Patrick Harris on B'way in 'Hedwig': EW review
- 'Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- 'Faking It' series premiere: MTV's faux lesbians
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO