Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar, starring Leonardo DiCaprio as the controversial FBI director J. Edgar Hoover, will have its world premiere at the opening night of the 25th annual AFI Fest on Nov. 3. The heavily anticipated film, which co-stars Naomi Watts, Armie Hammer, and Judi Dench, skipped this month’s festivals in Venice, Toronto, and New York. The movie opens in select theaters on Nov. 9 before going wide two days later.
Clint Eastwood to unveil 'J. Edgar' at AFI Fest
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Game of Thrones' IMAX ticket sales show surprising surge
- 'Fantastic Four' trailer takes some cues from 'Interstellar'
- Larry Wilmore on 'Sniper': 'theater of war is very different than watching a film about war in a theater'
- 'Bachelor' recap: Like a camping virgin
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' recap: 'It's Like a Booze Cruise With Knowledge'
- 'Jane the Virgin'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; 'Originals'; 'Gotham'; 'State of Affairs'; more TV recaps
- 'Life Itself': Nominated for...nothing?
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?