Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar, starring Leonardo DiCaprio as the controversial FBI director J. Edgar Hoover, will have its world premiere at the opening night of the 25th annual AFI Fest on Nov. 3. The heavily anticipated film, which co-stars Naomi Watts, Armie Hammer, and Judi Dench, skipped this month’s festivals in Venice, Toronto, and New York. The movie opens in select theaters on Nov. 9 before going wide two days later.
Clint Eastwood to unveil 'J. Edgar' at AFI Fest
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- 'American Idol' recap: Alabama shaky
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: 'Go It Alone'
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- 'Reign' recap: 'No Exit'
- 'Parenthood' react: 'The Pontiac'
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Resident Evil'
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch the gripping first three minutes before Tribeca -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: We're All In This Alone