Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar, starring Leonardo DiCaprio as the controversial FBI director J. Edgar Hoover, will have its world premiere at the opening night of the 25th annual AFI Fest on Nov. 3. The heavily anticipated film, which co-stars Naomi Watts, Armie Hammer, and Judi Dench, skipped this month’s festivals in Venice, Toronto, and New York. The movie opens in select theaters on Nov. 9 before going wide two days later.
Clint Eastwood to unveil 'J. Edgar' at AFI Fest
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Grey's Anatomy' sneak peek: Meredith and Maggie go toe-to-toe
- 'Walking Dead': Get up to speed in 60 seconds
- Rory Gilmore Reading Project creator to dive into all 338 books named on series; 7 he's liked so far
- 'Big Bang Theory' recap: 7 favorite laugh lines
- 'Castle' season premiere: Your take on 'Driven'?
- 'Castle' boss tips us off to 5 things to look for this season
- 'The Blacklist'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'Gotham'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more recaps
- 'SNL': Bill Hader on chat with Lorne Michaels about Pete Davidson ('By the way, do you want to host?')
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl
- 'Castle' season 7 premiere recap: Where in the world is Richard Castle?
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Raining on prom night
- Tony Almeida wants out of solitary in new '24' Blu-ray feature
- 'Mythbusters': Discovery responds to fan outrage over dumping Kari Byron