Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar, starring Leonardo DiCaprio as the controversial FBI director J. Edgar Hoover, will have its world premiere at the opening night of the 25th annual AFI Fest on Nov. 3. The heavily anticipated film, which co-stars Naomi Watts, Armie Hammer, and Judi Dench, skipped this month’s festivals in Venice, Toronto, and New York. The movie opens in select theaters on Nov. 9 before going wide two days later.
Clint Eastwood to unveil 'J. Edgar' at AFI Fest
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Hunnam's message/massage
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelorette' blog: The finale
- Drew Struzan: Movie poster artist talks 9 classics
- 'Walking Dead' cast react to season 5 trailer
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 10 best videos at Comic-Con 2014
- 'Bachelor/Bachelorette': Married?