EW has confirmed that Steve Carell has signed on to star in Foxcatcher, Bennett Miller’s follow-up to Moneyball about paranoid schizophrenic John du Pont, the heir to the du Pont dynasty who was convicted of murdering Olympic wrestler David Schultz. The story of du Pont, who died in prison last year, is shrouded in intrigue as police never discovered a motive for the attack. Miller’s friend and frequent contributor Dan Futterman (Capote) will pen the script with E. Max Frye (Band of Brothers, Amos & Andrew). Production on the film is set to begin in March. Variety initially reported the casting news.
Steve Carell inks 'Foxcatcher' deal
Latest Videos in Movies
- Super Bowl ads of 2015: Watch the early arrivals here
- 'Vampire Diaries' date night? Watch Damon ask Elena out in sneak peek
- 'Empire' is on fire, but should we be sweating burn-out?
- 'Party Down South' season 3 peek: Meet Hannah, the new hell-raiser
- 'Parenthood': 10 best episodes
- 'Game of Thrones' creators watching the show in IMAX: Why it's 'the way it's really meant to be seen'
- 'Walking Dead': Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita super-intense in new photos
- 'Bachelor' seminar: Prof. Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' response to Britt
- Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' speech from 'The Bachelor'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' boss teases new doctors and new relationships
- Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita look super-intense in new 'Walking Dead' photos -- exclusive
- 'Walking Dead' actor joins 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
- 'Arrow' star Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'It's messy'