EW has confirmed that Steve Carell has signed on to star in Foxcatcher, Bennett Miller’s follow-up to Moneyball about paranoid schizophrenic John du Pont, the heir to the du Pont dynasty who was convicted of murdering Olympic wrestler David Schultz. The story of du Pont, who died in prison last year, is shrouded in intrigue as police never discovered a motive for the attack. Miller’s friend and frequent contributor Dan Futterman (Capote) will pen the script with E. Max Frye (Band of Brothers, Amos & Andrew). Production on the film is set to begin in March. Variety initially reported the casting news.
Steve Carell inks 'Foxcatcher' deal
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Mindy,' 'New Girl,' 'Brooklyn,' 'Following' renewed
- 'Vampire Diaries': A salute to Katherine
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 5 ideas for Dr. Burke
- 27 DreamWorks animated movies: We rank 'em
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- 'Bones' vs. 'something very vague and conspiratorial'
- SXSW 2014: 11 must-see movies
- Robert Rodriguez rewrites TV 'rules' with El Rey