EW has confirmed that Steve Carell has signed on to star in Foxcatcher, Bennett Miller’s follow-up to Moneyball about paranoid schizophrenic John du Pont, the heir to the du Pont dynasty who was convicted of murdering Olympic wrestler David Schultz. The story of du Pont, who died in prison last year, is shrouded in intrigue as police never discovered a motive for the attack. Miller’s friend and frequent contributor Dan Futterman (Capote) will pen the script with E. Max Frye (Band of Brothers, Amos & Andrew). Production on the film is set to begin in March. Variety initially reported the casting news.
Steve Carell inks 'Foxcatcher' deal
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'The Maze Runner' review: Something W.C.K.D. this way comes
- Janet Jackson's 'Rhythm Nation 1814' at 25: The blueprint for modern R&B's golden age
- 'Once Upon a Time' boss on 'Frozen' references: 'We want it to feel organic'
- Fall TV grid: What's on when, plus all the new show trailers
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- 'Survivor': Jeff Probst shows off a challenge that may not make it to TV
- 'Dating Naked: The Wedding': Naked body painting, naked drum circle, and more we saw