Oscar Isaac, the 31-year-old actor who played the arrogant Prince John in last year’s Robin Hood and currently appears in Drive, has been cast in the lead role of the Coen brothers next film, Inside Llewyn Davis. A spokesperson for the sibling filmmakers confirms a Deadline report that Davis will star in the film, loosely based on the singers who helped build the folk-music scene in Greenwich Village during the 1960s.
Coen brothers already thinking Oscar for folk-music movie, 'Inside Llewyn Davis'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 20 most compelling actor/director teams now
- 'Big Brother' recap: Final three houseguests are...
- Sarah Paulson on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'something happens in the very first episode that's crazy'
- 'Red Band Society' debuts: First impressions?
- 'Top Chef Duels' recap: Nyesha Arrington vs. Jennifer Carroll
- Kunal Nayyar sings Boyz II Men on 'Queen Latifah Show': Sneak peek
- 'This Is Where I Leave You' review: Reunited and it feels so...schmaltzy
- 'Survivor' scouting report: John Rocker's plan if he's recognized?
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln says to fear the beard in season 5
- '7th Heaven' cast, minus Ruthie, reunites
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'AHS' star Sarah Paulson calls conjoined twins her 'craziest' role yet