Oscar Isaac, the 31-year-old actor who played the arrogant Prince John in last year’s Robin Hood and currently appears in Drive, has been cast in the lead role of the Coen brothers next film, Inside Llewyn Davis. A spokesperson for the sibling filmmakers confirms a Deadline report that Davis will star in the film, loosely based on the singers who helped build the folk-music scene in Greenwich Village during the 1960s.
Coen brothers already thinking Oscar for folk-music movie, 'Inside Llewyn Davis'
Latest Videos in Movies
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer Yes/No/Can't Say (or more) to your Twitter Q's
- 'SNL' lights up Sia's 'Chandelier,' more of the week's best music on TV
- 'Amazing Race' recap: 'I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat'
- 'Showrunners' documentary: Insights from Kurt Sutter, Hart Hanson, Mike Kelley
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- NBC to cancel 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' with zombie twist
- Ryan Murphy on the different seasons of 'American Horror Story': 'They're all connected'
- The Hot Seat: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning questions
- How 'The Big Bang Theory' scored Billy Bob Thornton for a surprise guest spot
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist' and more