Oscar Isaac, the 31-year-old actor who played the arrogant Prince John in last year’s Robin Hood and currently appears in Drive, has been cast in the lead role of the Coen brothers next film, Inside Llewyn Davis. A spokesperson for the sibling filmmakers confirms a Deadline report that Davis will star in the film, loosely based on the singers who helped build the folk-music scene in Greenwich Village during the 1960s.
Coen brothers already thinking Oscar for folk-music movie, 'Inside Llewyn Davis'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'Bleeding Through'
- 'Good Wife' recap: 'All Tapped Out'
- 'Game of Thrones': Aidan Gillen says...
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Dick Van Dyke Show' finale: 'we were doing a classic'
- 'The Cripple of Inishmaan': EW stage review
- 'Salem' series premiere: Our take...and yours?
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: Slaves to Love
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: The Heart of the Matter
- 'Game of Thrones' Aidan Gillen on the return of Littlefinger
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- TV Jukebox: 'Game of Thrones,' 'Scandal,' 'Mad Men,' and more of the week's best music-on-TV moments