Hilary Swank has fired her manager, Jason Weinberg, and two of his CAA associates, four weeks after she was paid to attend a Chechen gala event that celebrated the birthday of Ramzan Kadyrov, the Russian-backed Chechen president who’s been accused of numerous human right violations. Swank apologized and vowed to donate her appearance fee to charity, but the London Independent reported that the embarrassing blunder ultimately led to the dismissal of Weinberg, who’d been the Oscar winner’s agent for eight years. Swank is reportedly staying with CAA, though, where her boyfriend Jason Campisi is employed. In an email, Swank’s spokesperson confirmed that Swank “has made several changes to her team.”
Hilary Swank fires agents four weeks after Chechen debacle
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Arrow' First Look: Colton Haynes as Arsenal
- 'Real Housewives': A leg-endary tirade
- Wimpy Kid: Get a sneak peek at 'The Long Haul'
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man': 'Why give up the belt?'
- Broadway cast albums: We rate 8 current releases
- 'Downton Abbey' boss: Season 4 'one of the strongest'
- Summer sleepers: 14 unexpected movie hits
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man 4': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Every 'The Simpsons' episode is going online
- See Carol, Judith, and Rick of 'The Walking Dead' in new season 5 images
- 'Arrow' producer reveals details of season 3's Big Bad and 'Flash' crossover episode