Eddie Redmayne, the Tony-winning actor (Red) who stars opposite Michelle Williams in the upcoming My Week With Marilyn, will play Marius, the young revolutionary who falls for Cosette, in director Tom Hooper’s musical adaptation of Les Miserables, his spokesperson said, confirming a Deadline report. He joins a star-studded cast that includes Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean, Russell Crowe as Javert, and Anne Hathaway as Fantine. The film is scheduled to be released Dec. 7, 2012.
Eddie Redmayne lands 'Les Miserables' role
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Once Upon a Time': Jennifer Morrison on Emma in Oz
- '12 Years' writer John Ridley on buzz over Oscar speech
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'Amazing Race': Phil Keoghan's Malaysia photos
- Seth MacFarlane: Inside the new 'Cosmos' ship
- 'Bachelor': Juan Pablo, we've seen this move before...
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Stacy Keibler marries tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre
- 'Cosmos' then and now: The 'personal voyage' of Carl Sagan,…