Eddie Redmayne, the Tony-winning actor (Red) who stars opposite Michelle Williams in the upcoming My Week With Marilyn, will play Marius, the young revolutionary who falls for Cosette, in director Tom Hooper’s musical adaptation of Les Miserables, his spokesperson said, confirming a Deadline report. He joins a star-studded cast that includes Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean, Russell Crowe as Javert, and Anne Hathaway as Fantine. The film is scheduled to be released Dec. 7, 2012.
Eddie Redmayne lands 'Les Miserables' role
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'Freakin' Whack-a-Mole' surprises
- 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- 'Modern Family' Halloween: Welcome to AwesomeLand
- Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGregor in 'The Real Thing': EW stage review
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'