Eddie Redmayne, the Tony-winning actor (Red) who stars opposite Michelle Williams in the upcoming My Week With Marilyn, will play Marius, the young revolutionary who falls for Cosette, in director Tom Hooper’s musical adaptation of Les Miserables, his spokesperson said, confirming a Deadline report. He joins a star-studded cast that includes Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean, Russell Crowe as Javert, and Anne Hathaway as Fantine. The film is scheduled to be released Dec. 7, 2012.
Eddie Redmayne lands 'Les Miserables' role
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Project Runway' recap: 'It's a Nice Day for a Rock Wedding'
- Marvel has a 'Strange' feeling about Joaquin Phoenix
- 'Under the Dome' hasn't see the last of Britt Robertson as Angie
- 'Big Bang Theory' scoop: Sheldon's train took him to...
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Walking Dead': New EW character portraits
- Brangelina: From 'Mr and Mrs. Smith' to Mr. and Mrs. Pitt
- 'Reign' season 2's first portrait features Mary, Francis, and Mary's legs
- Homer Simpson takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: What is in that cage?!?
- 'Big Bang Theory' scoop: Where did Sheldon go on the train?
- David Chase finally reveals Tony's fate on 'The Sopranos' (Updated)
- Exclusive: 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop hits Manhattan