Kathryn Bigelow’s still untitled drama about the search for Osama bin Laden will now be released Dec. 19. 2012, a rep for Sony confirms. Since 2008, The Hurt Locker’s Oscar-winning director and screenwriter Mark Boal have been working on a film version of the book Kill Bin Laden, which details the failed attempt to take out the Al Qaeda leader in the December 2001 battle of Tora Bora in Afghanistan. In light of the successful black ops mission last spring, the script was reworked.
Kathryn Bigelow's Bin Laden drama gets December 2012 release date
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'L&O: SVU': Pablo Schreiber returning
- 'Big Bang Theory' renewed for three more years
- 'Orphan Black'/Criminally Underrated gems: EW cover
- 'Orphan Black' exclusive: Three clones in one photo!
- Matthew McConaughey: How he got 'Alright' x 3
- 'Veronica Mars': 10 essential episodes
- TV Academy Hall of Fame inductions: What we saw
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelor' blog: 'After the Final Rose'
- 'The Flash' first full body costume photo
- This Week's Cover: Angelina Jolie is 'Maleficent'! An exclusive in-depth interview
- Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' finale and 'After the Final Rose'
- 'Game of Thrones' team: 7 seasons is the plan
- 'Between Two Ferns' director Scott Aukerman on how they got Obama to laugh at himself