Kathryn Bigelow’s still untitled drama about the search for Osama bin Laden will now be released Dec. 19. 2012, a rep for Sony confirms. Since 2008, The Hurt Locker’s Oscar-winning director and screenwriter Mark Boal have been working on a film version of the book Kill Bin Laden, which details the failed attempt to take out the Al Qaeda leader in the December 2001 battle of Tora Bora in Afghanistan. In light of the successful black ops mission last spring, the script was reworked.
Kathryn Bigelow's Bin Laden drama gets December 2012 release date
- Nelson Mandela: 5 movie touchstones
- 'Glee' peek: Shirtless Santa and the Chipmunks
- 'Sound of Music': 3 dress rehearsal photos
- Paul Walker: End of the 'F&F' fantasy?
- 'Sound of Music': We rank every song
- Carrie Underwood talks 'Sound of Music'
- 'Sound of Music': Stephen Moyer says...
- 'Voice' exit Q&A: Matthew Schuler
- 'The Sound of Music Live!': Take a peek at dress rehearsal -- PHOTOS
- Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman: 13 thoughts on the bombshell-casting bombshell
- 'Survivor' recap: Hayden's rustling feathers
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Jeff Probst on that CRAZY tribal council
- 'The Sound of Music': Carrie Underwood on tonight's live show and hate tweets from Julie Andrews fans