After the gravel-voiced Dark Knight, for many, Christian Bale’s most identifiable role remains American Psycho‘s Patrick Bateman, the Manhattan-suit-turned-murderous-sociopath adapted from Bret Easton Ellis’ lighting-rod novel of the same name. It could be difficult for some to imagine anyone else pulling off the role, but EW has confirmed that a new actor may have a chance to slip on Bateman’s top-of-the-line suits: Lionsgate is in very early development on a new film based on Ellis’ book, working with commercial and music video director Noble Jones. Deadline is reporting that Jones’ take is to bring Bateman into post-9/11, post-financial meltdown New York. But nothing has been greenlit yet, and with a Broadway musical also long in the works, Bateman may be high stepping it on the Great White Way before he ever makes it back to the big screen.
Patrick Bateman may rise again in a new 'American Psycho'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- 'Constantine' series premiere; 'Amazing Race'; more TV recaps
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'