After the gravel-voiced Dark Knight, for many, Christian Bale’s most identifiable role remains American Psycho‘s Patrick Bateman, the Manhattan-suit-turned-murderous-sociopath adapted from Bret Easton Ellis’ lighting-rod novel of the same name. It could be difficult for some to imagine anyone else pulling off the role, but EW has confirmed that a new actor may have a chance to slip on Bateman’s top-of-the-line suits: Lionsgate is in very early development on a new film based on Ellis’ book, working with commercial and music video director Noble Jones. Deadline is reporting that Jones’ take is to bring Bateman into post-9/11, post-financial meltdown New York. But nothing has been greenlit yet, and with a Broadway musical also long in the works, Bateman may be high stepping it on the Great White Way before he ever makes it back to the big screen.
Patrick Bateman may rise again in a new 'American Psycho'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL': How'd Lena Dunham do?
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'True Detective': Fun fan sites
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- 'Bachelor': Clare and Juan Pablo find wedding song?
- TV pilot season: 10 trends for fall
- Stephen Colbert visits Jimmy Fallon: 'Truth or Truth?'
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Box office update: '300: Rise of an Empire' obliterates competition with a $17.7 million Friday