After the gravel-voiced Dark Knight, for many, Christian Bale’s most identifiable role remains American Psycho‘s Patrick Bateman, the Manhattan-suit-turned-murderous-sociopath adapted from Bret Easton Ellis’ lighting-rod novel of the same name. It could be difficult for some to imagine anyone else pulling off the role, but EW has confirmed that a new actor may have a chance to slip on Bateman’s top-of-the-line suits: Lionsgate is in very early development on a new film based on Ellis’ book, working with commercial and music video director Noble Jones. Deadline is reporting that Jones’ take is to bring Bateman into post-9/11, post-financial meltdown New York. But nothing has been greenlit yet, and with a Broadway musical also long in the works, Bateman may be high stepping it on the Great White Way before he ever makes it back to the big screen.
Patrick Bateman may rise again in a new 'American Psycho'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And the mirrorball goes to...
- 'The Flash'; 'Supernatural'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; more TV recaps
- Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson breaks silence in ABC News interview
- Hugh Jackman welcomes(?) us to Neverland in 'Pan' trailer
- 'Jurassic World': Watch first full trailer
- Black Friday preview: Where to find deals on Blu-ray, books, videogames
- Jim Parsons gets a read on 1922 play 'Merton of the Movies': 'a very visceral link to the past'
- Jennifer Aniston vs. Lisa Kudrow: A little cussing among 'Friends'