After the gravel-voiced Dark Knight, for many, Christian Bale’s most identifiable role remains American Psycho‘s Patrick Bateman, the Manhattan-suit-turned-murderous-sociopath adapted from Bret Easton Ellis’ lighting-rod novel of the same name. It could be difficult for some to imagine anyone else pulling off the role, but EW has confirmed that a new actor may have a chance to slip on Bateman’s top-of-the-line suits: Lionsgate is in very early development on a new film based on Ellis’ book, working with commercial and music video director Noble Jones. Deadline is reporting that Jones’ take is to bring Bateman into post-9/11, post-financial meltdown New York. But nothing has been greenlit yet, and with a Broadway musical also long in the works, Bateman may be high stepping it on the Great White Way before he ever makes it back to the big screen.
Patrick Bateman may rise again in a new 'American Psycho'
Latest Videos in Movies
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- Jennifer Love Hewitt on 'Criminal Minds' role: 'Barney Fife to Hotch's Andy'
- J.K. Simmons toys with Miles Teller in 'Whiplash' scene
- Katherine Heigl's patriotically sexy 'State of Affairs' poster
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Storybrooke's on thin ice with Elsa
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast go inside 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- On the Books: Harry Potter collector sets Guinness World Record
- 'Sons of Anarchy' guest star Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Twilight Saga' returning with five short films on Facebook
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast talk 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Poor Little Lambs'