After the gravel-voiced Dark Knight, for many, Christian Bale’s most identifiable role remains American Psycho‘s Patrick Bateman, the Manhattan-suit-turned-murderous-sociopath adapted from Bret Easton Ellis’ lighting-rod novel of the same name. It could be difficult for some to imagine anyone else pulling off the role, but EW has confirmed that a new actor may have a chance to slip on Bateman’s top-of-the-line suits: Lionsgate is in very early development on a new film based on Ellis’ book, working with commercial and music video director Noble Jones. Deadline is reporting that Jones’ take is to bring Bateman into post-9/11, post-financial meltdown New York. But nothing has been greenlit yet, and with a Broadway musical also long in the works, Bateman may be high stepping it on the Great White Way before he ever makes it back to the big screen.
Patrick Bateman may rise again in a new 'American Psycho'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Of Mice and Men': EW stage review
- 'Survivor' recap: The Man Who Could Not Stand Still
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Homer meets Lego Homer!
- 'Dawson's Creek': Kevin Williamson on how it ended
- 'Vampire Diaries': Paul Wesley nixes shirtless Stefan
- 'Arrow' react: 'The Man Under the Hood'
- 'Friends': The one about making the finale final
- '30 Rock': What made Liz Lemon's sendoff so sweet?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Corey Feldman claims pedophilia top danger for child stars, but won't name names?
- 'The Simpsons' producers spill details on Lego episode; plus, first image of Lego Homer!
- 'Game of Thrones': Jack Gleeson's picture-perfect reaction to the Purple Wedding -- PHOTO
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot