After the gravel-voiced Dark Knight, for many, Christian Bale’s most identifiable role remains American Psycho‘s Patrick Bateman, the Manhattan-suit-turned-murderous-sociopath adapted from Bret Easton Ellis’ lighting-rod novel of the same name. It could be difficult for some to imagine anyone else pulling off the role, but EW has confirmed that a new actor may have a chance to slip on Bateman’s top-of-the-line suits: Lionsgate is in very early development on a new film based on Ellis’ book, working with commercial and music video director Noble Jones. Deadline is reporting that Jones’ take is to bring Bateman into post-9/11, post-financial meltdown New York. But nothing has been greenlit yet, and with a Broadway musical also long in the works, Bateman may be high stepping it on the Great White Way before he ever makes it back to the big screen.
Patrick Bateman may rise again in a new 'American Psycho'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'True Blood': Anna Paquin's hair is to dye for
- 'Leftovers': The last straw
- 'Sons of Anarchy' at Comic-Con: About that prequel...
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- Comic-Con '14 through YOUR lens: Day 2
- 'Walking Dead' cast: Season 5 a lighthearted romp?
- 'Mad Max' trailer: 'My world is fire and blood'