I know people who don’t take top 10 lists very seriously. But really, what do they know? I’ve always felt that our critical judgments — not just mine or Lisa’s, but anyone’s — are far from infallible. That’s why the end of the year offers such a great, and essential, opportunity for a critic to take stock, to look at the movies that really mattered to us the most. To see Lisa and my complete Best and Worst lists, you’ll have to go to the print issue of EW, but below, we talk about our No. 1 choices (think: cosmic) and a few others that made our lists. And once you’ve heard ours, don’t be shy (as if any of you could be). What were your favorites this year?
Lisa and Owen talk about their No. 1 movies of the year (and a few other surprises)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Strangers'
- 'Once Upon a Time'; 'Revenge'; 'The Affair'; 'Homeland'; more TV recaps
- 'Good Wife'; 'Boardwalk Empire'; 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'; more TV recaps
- Walking Dead': Steven Yeun talks Glenn, Maggie, Tara, and Terminus
- 'Judge Dredd' animated Web series: First Look at 'Superfiend'
- 'The Simpsons': 25 best 'Treehouse of Horror' segments
- 'Walking Dead': Michael Cudlitz on Abraham's big push to get to D.C.
- 'Family Guy': Cookies, cough syrup, and Connie Britton in 'Baking Bad'