I know people who don’t take top 10 lists very seriously. But really, what do they know? I’ve always felt that our critical judgments — not just mine or Lisa’s, but anyone’s — are far from infallible. That’s why the end of the year offers such a great, and essential, opportunity for a critic to take stock, to look at the movies that really mattered to us the most. To see Lisa and my complete Best and Worst lists, you’ll have to go to the print issue of EW, but below, we talk about our No. 1 choices (think: cosmic) and a few others that made our lists. And once you’ve heard ours, don’t be shy (as if any of you could be). What were your favorites this year?
Lisa and Owen talk about their No. 1 movies of the year (and a few other surprises)
Latest Videos in Movies
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Big Brother'; 'Project Runway': TV recaps
- 'Parks and Rec' gag reel: Don't miss your chance to see Ron Swanson dance
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Criminal Minds' plans tribute to Meshach Taylor
- Jonathan Lipnicki, a.k.a. the 'Jerry Maguire' kid, has some fun in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- 13 tell-tale signs it's from Frank Miller
- 'Simpsons' writers share 15 tips to survive your 12-day marathon session
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Mythbusters' reveal Comic-Con costume, show how to make Indiana Jones' bullwhip
- 'Dating Naked' trailer: And you thought Tinder was brutal (NSFW)
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'