Paramount announced that Paranormal Activity 4 will be released in 2012, continuing the successful low-budget horror franchise that has banked nearly $300 million in the last three years. The third film debuted in October with a $52.6 million weekend, on its way to a $103.8 million run. In a press release trumpeting the studio’s 2011 successes — notably a record $5.17 billion worldwide in grosses — Paramount confirmed that another Paranormal Activity was on its way this year, along with Brad Pitt’s World War Z, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
'Paranormal Activity 4' set for 2012
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Survivor' recap: John Rocker gets rocked
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder talk 'Vampire Diaries': 'Eerily deceiving and odd' grief
- 9 best animated TV series drawn from comics
- 'Nashville'; 'Top Chef Duels'; 'Red Band Society': Wednesday TV recaps
- Jennifer Love-Hewitt's 'Criminal Minds' debut: How'd she do?
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Storybrooke's on thin ice with Elsa
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl 509
- 'Go Big or Go Home' 357
- 'Find Your Muse' 289
- The 'Simpsons'/'Family Guy' crossover is one of the most fascinatingly weird things to ever happen to television 330
- Which new fall show will be canceled first? 207