Paramount announced that Paranormal Activity 4 will be released in 2012, continuing the successful low-budget horror franchise that has banked nearly $300 million in the last three years. The third film debuted in October with a $52.6 million weekend, on its way to a $103.8 million run. In a press release trumpeting the studio’s 2011 successes – notably a record $5.17 billion worldwide in grosses — Paramount confirmed that another Paranormal Activity was on its way this year, along with Brad Pitt’s World War Z, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
Jan 3 2012 08:52 AM ET
'Paranormal Activity 4' set for 2012
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Blue Is the Warmest Color': Cannes review
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!
- Jimmy Kimmel: Not the 'Nude Bea' buyer
- 'Fast & Furious': 5 films in 1 day?!
Find Movies and Showtimes
Choose Your Movie