Paramount announced that Paranormal Activity 4 will be released in 2012, continuing the successful low-budget horror franchise that has banked nearly $300 million in the last three years. The third film debuted in October with a $52.6 million weekend, on its way to a $103.8 million run. In a press release trumpeting the studio’s 2011 successes – notably a record $5.17 billion worldwide in grosses — Paramount confirmed that another Paranormal Activity was on its way this year, along with Brad Pitt’s World War Z, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
'Paranormal Activity 4' set for 2012
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Star Wars Rebels' First Look: Inquisitor in action
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
- 'Leprechaun: Origins': First Look at troublemaker
- 'Hannibal' yuks it up: Season 2 blooper reel
- Misha Collins' Scavenger Hunt: No record is safe?
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'Fifty Shades' trailer: Let's take a closer look
- 'Reign' cast: Can you ID the 'stealth nerd'?
- 'Hannibal' new blooper reel plus season 3 scoop
- Here's how 'Supernatural' star Misha Collins is breaking world records
- Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey make Comic-Con debut with 'Interstellar'
- The 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer has arrived
- 'Downton Abbey' looks to bounce back from season 4 (Updated)