Paramount announced that Paranormal Activity 4 will be released in 2012, continuing the successful low-budget horror franchise that has banked nearly $300 million in the last three years. The third film debuted in October with a $52.6 million weekend, on its way to a $103.8 million run. In a press release trumpeting the studio’s 2011 successes — notably a record $5.17 billion worldwide in grosses — Paramount confirmed that another Paranormal Activity was on its way this year, along with Brad Pitt’s World War Z, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
'Paranormal Activity 4' set for 2012
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman EW portraits
- 'Goldfinch' movie: Let's pick our dream cast
- 'Into the Woods': 10 new production photos
- 'Interstellar': Comic-Con trailer lands online
- Daniel Radcliffe: How Spider-Man let him be a fly on the wall in S.D.
- 'Divergent' disturbing deleted scene: Get an eyeful
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln on Rick juggling brutality/humanity