Paramount announced that Paranormal Activity 4 will be released in 2012, continuing the successful low-budget horror franchise that has banked nearly $300 million in the last three years. The third film debuted in October with a $52.6 million weekend, on its way to a $103.8 million run. In a press release trumpeting the studio’s 2011 successes — notably a record $5.17 billion worldwide in grosses — Paramount confirmed that another Paranormal Activity was on its way this year, along with Brad Pitt’s World War Z, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
'Paranormal Activity 4' set for 2012
Latest Videos in Movies
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics, others hacked?
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale
- 'Dallas' star Patrick Duffy still has 'Man From Atlantis' eyes, recalls Lynda Carter crush
- Jennifer Garner and Denis Leary in 'Draft Day' scene you didn't see; watch it here
- 'Masters of Sex' costume designer on taking series' style into 1960
- 'Love Prison': Watch episode 1 of A&E's online-daters-on-a-deserted-island series
- 14 worst jobs, as seen at the movies