Paramount announced that Paranormal Activity 4 will be released in 2012, continuing the successful low-budget horror franchise that has banked nearly $300 million in the last three years. The third film debuted in October with a $52.6 million weekend, on its way to a $103.8 million run. In a press release trumpeting the studio’s 2011 successes — notably a record $5.17 billion worldwide in grosses — Paramount confirmed that another Paranormal Activity was on its way this year, along with Brad Pitt’s World War Z, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
'Paranormal Activity 4' set for 2012
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Big Brother' recap: Evicted houseguest is...
- 'Project Runway' recap: 'It's a Nice Day for a Rock Wedding'
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Walking Dead': New EW character portraits
- 'Walking Dead' season 5: First Look photos
- 'Big Bang Theory' scoop: Sheldon's train took him to...
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: WHAT is in that cage?
- Marvel has a 'Strange' feeling about Joaquin Phoenix