Paramount announced that Paranormal Activity 4 will be released in 2012, continuing the successful low-budget horror franchise that has banked nearly $300 million in the last three years. The third film debuted in October with a $52.6 million weekend, on its way to a $103.8 million run. In a press release trumpeting the studio’s 2011 successes – notably a record $5.17 billion worldwide in grosses — Paramount confirmed that another Paranormal Activity was on its way this year, along with Brad Pitt’s World War Z, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
'Paranormal Activity 4' set for 2012
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Crossed'
- American Music Awards winners are...
- American Music Awards 2014 style: What the stars wore
- 'Jurassic World' teases Thanksgiving trailer: 3 nods to 'Jurassic Park'
- 'Good Wife'; 'The Newsroom'; 'The Comeback'; 'Bob's Burgers'; more TV recaps
- 'Homeland'; 'The Affair'; 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'; more TV recaps
- 'SNL' recap: Cameron Diaz is a 'Back Home Baller'
- 'Walking Dead': Seth Gilliam on where Father Gabriel is going
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Times Change: 'Jurassic World' teases with three homages to Steven Spielberg's original
- 'Saturday Night Live' recap: 'Cameron Diaz and Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars'
- Bodies of Work: 49 Unforgettable Nude Scenes
- 'Hunger Games': Take the EW Trivia Quiz (Part 1)!