Paramount announced that Paranormal Activity 4 will be released in 2012, continuing the successful low-budget horror franchise that has banked nearly $300 million in the last three years. The third film debuted in October with a $52.6 million weekend, on its way to a $103.8 million run. In a press release trumpeting the studio’s 2011 successes – notably a record $5.17 billion worldwide in grosses — Paramount confirmed that another Paranormal Activity was on its way this year, along with Brad Pitt’s World War Z, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
'Paranormal Activity 4' set for 2012
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL': How'd Lena Dunham do?
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'True Detective': Fun fan sites
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- 'Bachelor': Clare and Juan Pablo find wedding song?
- TV pilot season: 10 trends for fall
- Stephen Colbert visits Jimmy Fallon: 'Truth or Truth?'
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Box office update: '300: Rise of an Empire' obliterates competition with a $17.7 million Friday