Paramount announced that Paranormal Activity 4 will be released in 2012, continuing the successful low-budget horror franchise that has banked nearly $300 million in the last three years. The third film debuted in October with a $52.6 million weekend, on its way to a $103.8 million run. In a press release trumpeting the studio’s 2011 successes — notably a record $5.17 billion worldwide in grosses — Paramount confirmed that another Paranormal Activity was on its way this year, along with Brad Pitt’s World War Z, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
'Paranormal Activity 4' set for 2012
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- Ernie Hudson tells us 'Ghostbusters' stories at key NYC locations
- 'Big Brother' eviction: 3 Q's for Julie Chen
- 'Big Brother'; 'Red Band Society'; 'Top Chef Duels' recaps
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani rise to Jimmy Fallon's lip sync challenge
- Sarah Paulson on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'something happens in the very first episode that's crazy'
- 'Grey's' is the new 'Orange': Ellen Pompeo and Co. share fun photo
- 20 most compelling actor/director teams now
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln says to fear the beard in season 5
- '7th Heaven' cast, minus Ruthie, reunites
- Frankie of 'Big Brother' says he does not regret pushing the Rewind button and wants to marry Zach
- 'Big Brother' recap: Red Dead Beast Mode