It doesn’t get much more British than this: Kate Winslet and Kenneth Branagh are making a movie called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. (At least that’s the title until somebody renames it Taters!: A Love Story) A rep for Fox 2000 confirms that Branagh will direct the whimsical drama —based on the 2008 best-selling novel by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows — about a British writer (Winslet) who travels to the remote island of Guernsey after WWII to learn about how a book club helped the islanders weather the war. Don Roos (Marley & Me, Bounce) is on screenplay duty for the project, which reportedly starts shooting in March.
Jan 13 2012 04:45 PM ET
Kate Winslet joins Kenneth Branagh's 'Potato Peel Pie Society'
- 'Idol': Candice Glover album out July 16
- 'Criminal Minds' season finale peek
- Kardashians, the Wanted on E!: New clips
- Billy Crystal comedy in works at FX
- 'Bad Teacher' going to series at CBS
- 'DWTS': Kellie and Derek win season 16
- Kellie Pickler: 'I want to hug this room'
- 'DWTS' finale ratings dive in 18-49 demo
Find Movies and Showtimes
Choose Your Movie