It doesn’t get much more British than this: Kate Winslet and Kenneth Branagh are making a movie called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. (At least that’s the title until somebody renames it Taters!: A Love Story) A rep for Fox 2000 confirms that Branagh will direct the whimsical drama —based on the 2008 best-selling novel by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows — about a British writer (Winslet) who travels to the remote island of Guernsey after WWII to learn about how a book club helped the islanders weather the war. Don Roos (Marley & Me, Bounce) is on screenplay duty for the project, which reportedly starts shooting in March.
Kate Winslet joins Kenneth Branagh's 'Potato Peel Pie Society'
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' recap: 'Head'
- Ryan Murphy talks 'AHS: Coven': Is (SPOILER) dead?
- 'Survivor' recap: Drawing a line in the sand
- 'Nashville' recap: 'Tomorrow Never Comes'
- 'Arrow' execs talk big midseason finale twists
- 'Arrow' react: 'Three Ghosts'
- 'Sing-Off' react: B.Y.O.P(artyPuns).
- 'Top Chef' recap: Emotional eaters
- Beastie Boys sue GoldieBlox for copyright infringement over 'Girls' video
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- 'Britney Jean' nets Britney Spears her worst opening week ever; Garth Brooks and Duck Dynasty carry on
- 'Arrow' mid-season finale post-mortem: Scoop on all those surprises!
- 'American Horror Story' recap: That Darn Head