It doesn’t get much more British than this: Kate Winslet and Kenneth Branagh are making a movie called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. (At least that’s the title until somebody renames it Taters!: A Love Story) A rep for Fox 2000 confirms that Branagh will direct the whimsical drama —based on the 2008 best-selling novel by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows — about a British writer (Winslet) who travels to the remote island of Guernsey after WWII to learn about how a book club helped the islanders weather the war. Don Roos (Marley & Me, Bounce) is on screenplay duty for the project, which reportedly starts shooting in March.
Kate Winslet joins Kenneth Branagh's 'Potato Peel Pie Society'
Latest Videos in Movies
- Seth Meyers to host Emmys 2014
- 'Parks and Rec': About THAT finale surprise
- 'American Idol' recap: Top 5 are...
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Man on Fire'
- 'Reign' recap: 'Toy Soldiers'
- 'Begin Again': Keira Knightley song for Adam Levine
- 'Salem': Marilyn Manson haunts new opening credits
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Fifth purported Mel Gibson rant leaked online
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie rights acquired by Universal and Focus Features
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' mention spikes sales of 16th-century classical composer