It doesn’t get much more British than this: Kate Winslet and Kenneth Branagh are making a movie called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. (At least that’s the title until somebody renames it Taters!: A Love Story) A rep for Fox 2000 confirms that Branagh will direct the whimsical drama —based on the 2008 best-selling novel by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows — about a British writer (Winslet) who travels to the remote island of Guernsey after WWII to learn about how a book club helped the islanders weather the war. Don Roos (Marley & Me, Bounce) is on screenplay duty for the project, which reportedly starts shooting in March.
Kate Winslet joins Kenneth Branagh's 'Potato Peel Pie Society'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: What we saw
- 'Survivor' recap: Resetting the game
- 'Arrow'; 'Top Chef'; 'The 100'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'Game of Thrones' season 5: 7 rumors debunked
- 'Agents of SHIELD' First Look: Adrianne Palicki as Mockingbird
- Nina Dobrev's crossover to 'The Originals': 5 new photos