It doesn’t get much more British than this: Kate Winslet and Kenneth Branagh are making a movie called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. (At least that’s the title until somebody renames it Taters!: A Love Story) A rep for Fox 2000 confirms that Branagh will direct the whimsical drama —based on the 2008 best-selling novel by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows — about a British writer (Winslet) who travels to the remote island of Guernsey after WWII to learn about how a book club helped the islanders weather the war. Don Roos (Marley & Me, Bounce) is on screenplay duty for the project, which reportedly starts shooting in March.
Kate Winslet joins Kenneth Branagh's 'Potato Peel Pie Society'
Latest Videos in Movies
- Paul Thomas Anderson's L.A. movies: Cinematic peaks nurtured in the Valley
- Neil Patrick Harris arrives at the freak show in 'American Horror Story' promo
- Stephen Colbert's 6 most awkward in-character interviews
- Frank Grillo takes us to the gym and for a drink: Meet 'the guy you think you know from somewhere'
- 'Suits' promo reveals Louis' next move
- 19 TV shows we'll be checking out in 2015
- 24 movies we're lining up for in 2015
- 20 albums we can't wait to hear in 2015
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln talks 'cruel' twist and reveals the true meaning behind the 'shut…
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst reacts to the winner, Reed's harsh comments, and the entire season
- 'Survivor' season finale recap: The Right Person Won
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' finale: And the winner is...
- 'Game of Thrones': See Arya's radical new costume design -- exclusive