It doesn’t get much more British than this: Kate Winslet and Kenneth Branagh are making a movie called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. (At least that’s the title until somebody renames it Taters!: A Love Story) A rep for Fox 2000 confirms that Branagh will direct the whimsical drama —based on the 2008 best-selling novel by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows — about a British writer (Winslet) who travels to the remote island of Guernsey after WWII to learn about how a book club helped the islanders weather the war. Don Roos (Marley & Me, Bounce) is on screenplay duty for the project, which reportedly starts shooting in March.
Kate Winslet joins Kenneth Branagh's 'Potato Peel Pie Society'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Fifty Shades' trailer: Let's take a closer look
- 'Community' back 'probably sometime after Christmas'
- Rick Yancey's 'The Infinite Sea': Read an excerpt
- Cosplay at Comic-Con '14: Day 1
- 'Community': Im-posters for 9 signature episodes
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'The Flash': Comic-Con's verdict?
- Wonder Woman: 13 looks since '42